• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Jet Engines: my findings

Country
peru
Hello All,

I have been experimenting with "engines.cfg" to find what works and what not. All under "Modern" FM. THe tables that work are:
  • n1_and_mach_on_thrust_table
  • corrected_airflow_table
This allows us to get the correct thrust for a given N1, but that is where the good news stop, sadly. "corrected_commanded_ne_table" tables do not seem to work, neither does "n2_to_n1_table". Here we have to cope with the hardcoded tables.
N1/N2 relationship can be adjusted through the min/max parameters provided but this is very buggy:
-N1 above 100% just does not work. Folds back to less than 100%.
-N2 above 100% works, but
  1. N1 100% is targeted to be reached at MAX N2 (being it 100% or less.)
  2. if N1 max is set above 100%, N2 will never reach 100%
  3. N2 will slowly accelerate past 100% with no impact on thrust, once N1 max is reached.
  4. You cannot control N1 above 100%. It will either go full max or drop below 100%.
"corrected_n2_from_ff_table" is ignored as well. You now have PID values for the FF gain.

I have attempted to add "prop_uselegacytables" both to aircraft.cfg and engines-cfg in several places. This did nothing, and probably works only for propeller tables.

The jet engines are currently seriously bugged, and limited. All I was trying to simulate was a simple single-spool engine that reaches 104% at full tilt....

Please share your findings! Hope this proves of use for you!

Country
france
I have just discovered that it is possible to add the following lines in the engines.cfg:

use_commanded_Ne_table = 1

use_corrected_n2_from_ff_table = 1

use_n2_to_n1_table = 1

They enable the corresponding tables in the file.

Country
brazil
I have been trying to fix the N1 rate on Flybywire Airbus a320.

If I set for instance 40% of N1 this rapidly reaches 40%. In the real world When we set a N1 target it takes a few moment to reach there.
Do you know which parameter could help on this ratio?

I did try the below:

n1_normal_tc = 0.41 ; Original: 0.5 Float factor changing N1 acceleration during normal use of the engine

No success at all.

Tks