• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Jetway Animation does not work

Country
israel
Hi Jeffry and everybody
I have a problem with animated Jetway with PreparV4.2 sdk or modeldef (SODE_Modeldef include)
I did a lot of test to "Reduce corners" before upload this issue so..
I start a new Jetway for the scenery of LLBG (Ben Gurion airport tel aviv) everything in 3dsmax with the sdk and script for SODE 1.62 work without any error. after exporting export skin export animation marked NO error all looks OK
Also XML with just one Jetway for the moment! the "model..." folder in place with jetway.cfg, jetway.mdl and model.cfg ALL in place also "sim.cfg" is OK
BUT the Jetway not responding picture attached 2018-4-2_16-44-6-559.jpg there is no influence on the model from the XML on high of legs end Engels of the mouse just the heading workes

now I tested with a Jetway from my previews scenery for Milan Malpensa I just change in the XML so it work fine2018-4-3_15-29-5-28.jpg please don't pay attention to the other old Jetway around :)

Now I export Jeffry Jetway Type A from 3Dsmax and get the same result as my new Jetway 2018-4-2_16-44-6-559.jpg2018-4-3_15-29-5-28.jpg2018-4-3_9-15-43-882.jpg but!!! when I used the the mdl the come with Jeffry demo it work OK

So I don't know if the problem is from the modeldef or Xtomdl with the new P3dv4.2 SDK. I didn't have it before with with FSX or P3dv3
Please if someone can give any clue what wrong I'll be very happy
Thanks
David

Country
switzerland
Hi,

Check the mdl with ModelConverterX, are the animations working in there?
If they are missing then, somewhere in the XtoMdl process went wrong, most probably the modeldef.xml that XtoMdl processes to build your mdl is missing the SODE related modeldef xml code.

Country
israel
Hello Jeffrey and thanks
I'm sure now that something wrong in my Xtomdl, I tested on my second computer the X files with MCX and it works! bones and skin moves fine but now i fail to convert to mdl the mdl lost the animation so I'm going to check where I lost
please if you have some clue why I be very happy
llbg-jetway-short2.jpg
Thanks
David

Country
israel
Hello Jeffry and everybody
It's a little bit frustrating but I get it work with the old SDK for prepar3Dv3.4 via MCX in my old computer. the strange think here that in my main (I have two ;)) I couldn't do this compiling
well this is not the solution that I like to use but I made it work. I'll continue looking for better solution in future
Thanks
David2018-4-4_22-31-33-873.jpg2018-4-4_22-29-56-635.jpg