• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Jetway compiler error

Country
senegal
Hi everybody I'm trying to test custom jetways on fsx but the compiler keep bringing me the same error.
Code:
C:\Users\Devinci\Documents\SanDiegoX\3DS\GroundObjects>bglcomp jetway_placement.xml

Parsing document: jetway_placement.XML

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2434: Could not find parking spot for jetway! <line=23> <column=27>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2441: Failed to generate jetway binary!

Parse complete!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<FSData version="9.0" xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">

<Airport
ident="KSAN"
name="San Diego Intl"
lat="32.733556"
lon="-117.189667"
magvar="-13.30"
alt="0.57"
city="San Diego"
state="California"
country="United States"
>

<DeleteAirport
deleteAllJetways = "TRUE"
/>

<Jetway
gateName = "GATE_A"
parkingNumber = "40" >

<SceneryObject
lat="N32 44.05"
lon="W117 11.60"
alt="0.0M"
altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
pitch="0"
bank="0"
heading="0"
imageComplexity="NORMAL">
<LibraryObject name="{c8d13380-24c1-4796-a1ef-af3da0f65853}" scale="1.00" />
</SceneryObject>

</Jetway>

</Airport>

<ModelData sourceFile="C:\Users\Devinci\Documents\SanDiegoX\3DS\GroundObjects\jetway.MDL" />

</FSData>

I don't see anything wrong with the xml code so far. But the error keeps pointing to the same line everytime. I obviously used the same parking names on this code and on the airport itself.
It does produce a bgl file but I cannot see the jetway in fsx.
Any idea of what it might be?
Thanks

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Is GATE_A a valid value for a Gate? (I don't know, but this does seem to be your problem). AFAIK all values are hard coded and cannot be selected at random.

Hope this helps,

Country
senegal
Hi,

Is GATE_A a valid value for a Gate? (I don't know, but this does seem to be your problem). AFAIK all values are hard coded and cannot be selected at random.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the reply. But from this SDK this is the list of acceptable values for gateName:
PARKING

DOCK,

GATE

GATE_A to GATE_Z,

NONE

N_PARKING

NE_PARKING

NW_PARKING

SE_PARKING

S_PARKING

SW_PARKING

W_PARKING

E_PARKING

And this for parkingNumber:
"parkingNumber Both a gateName and parkingNumber are required to uniquely identify a parking location. Non-negative integer. "

I tried everything but it never want to compile the jetway. I wonder if anyone had successfully used this code to compile a jetway?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Let's see your corresponding <TaxiwayParking entry?

I think they must be in the same BGL file?

Country
senegal
Let's see your corresponding <TaxiwayParking entry?

I think they must be in the same BGL file?

That bgl file should be the one I made using Airport Design Editor. Maybe I should decompile that into an xml and put in this xml code for the jetway and try to recompile all and see if that works.:rolleyes:

Country
senegal
That bgl file should be the one I made using Airport Design Editor. Maybe I should decompile that into an xml and put in this xml code for the jetway and try to recompile all and see if that works.:rolleyes:

It worked! I decompiled the bgl file I got from ADE and added the jetway xml placment file and recompile everything using the command prompt. It did not bring any error. But now I could see the jetway and when I do CTRL+J it's moving (even though like the way it should but that was only a test).

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Glad to help.

In ADE why don't you just select the parking space, right click, and choose Add Jetway? Is this a custom jetway?

Hope this helps,

Country
senegal
Glad to help.

In ADE why don't you just select the parking space, right click, and choose Add Jetway? Is this a custom jetway?

Hope this helps,

Yes it's a custom jetway. I get it to work but the animation is not working as it should so I end up using the default jetways.
Thanks