• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Just Launched: FSXDB.com - Fast FSX Airport LookUp Website

I have just launched a web site FSXDB.com. The goal is simple "Fast FSX Airport Search". I feel it's a great online resource for browsing thru all the Airports in FSX. I did not know there was even airports with planks until I built the database!

You can search Microsoft Flight Simulator X airport data by ICAO Code, Airport Name, Country, City, State, Runway Length, Elevation, Surface Type. Details page includes Runways, Com, VOR, NDB Frequencies and a Google Map. Will list parking too when move to addon is implemented.

One of my next items I want to implement is ability to move your aircraft to the displayed airport (default position or at the desired runway).
Also to tune radios. WANTED: Addon developer to work with me to design and develop this addon.

This is a great utility what with the charts and maps etc for the US airports. Any plans for including ILS frequencies, or did I just fail to see them?

This is a great utility what with the charts and maps etc for the US airports. Any plans for including ILS frequencies, or did I just fail to see them?
Yes they are listed (if any exists) in VOR section. See http://fsxdb.com/Airports/Details/KLAS

Thanks for using FSXDB.com. More features to come as time permits. I'm on another project now so this side project on back burner.

Would U like to be on testing team? I will need a few folks to try new features (see site front page list bottom right)

Hello,
I would suggest a 'gauge' or window style interface within sim.
Have you thought of adding support for in-sim usage other than radios? If you look around and see what the cost is, I would consider pitching in on the investment.

Last edited:
I have just launched a web site FSXDB.com
Very nice ..

Question:
I assume the data is being retrieved from FSX (as opposed to current Real World Sources).

This is VERY Unique, as most web based Airport Info sites use real world data.

Nice to see one that is using FSX data.

Is the FSX Airport Database the original data from FSX (Sp2/Accel), or are any airports updated (a potential confusing nightmare !!)

---------------
One issue I noticed. Data is from original FSX, but Google Map is Current (or near current), so does not necessarily match the FSX data displayed.

Also, the MARKER on the Google Map -- could that be set to be the CONTROL TOWER(s) location (if present)

Last edited:
Is the FSX Airport Database the original data from FSX (Sp2/Accel), or are any airports updated (a potential confusing nightmare !!)

---------------
One issue I noticed. Data is from original FSX, but Google Map is Current (or near current), so does not necessarily match the FSX data displayed.

Also, the MARKER on the Google Map -- could that be set to be the CONTROL TOWER(s) location (if present)
For the data i am using go here

I will be exploring markers for data such as nearby navaids, airports etc. You should submit Ideas via the UserVoice tab on left side of site. Or submit them here. Helps me manage user feature request. You can see what's in the list.