• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

KATL_fsx_jv_bgl

Country
us-massachusetts
Desiring to upgrade from the defaulft FSX KATL, I choose the above file by Jim Vile. I created a new folder named KATL with appropriate scenery & texture sub folders. I placed the 10 bgl's in the scenery and the 12 dds files in the texture folder. I then added it to my Addon Scenery folder and activated it in the usual manner into the FSX scenery library.

When I opened KATL in FSX, all looked great with one exception. All my AI aircraft were missing that I had in the default KATL. I read the "Readme" but could find no special instructions on perhaps why the AI disappeared. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate of KATL_fsx_jv_bgl.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• screenshot48.JPG
    screenshot48.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 342
Country
us-massachusetts
Problem solved. Changed the AFCAD from "Extremely Dense" to "Normal" using ADE. Hope I won't loose any another scenery objects.

Correction. I had forgotten that I had disabled the KATL folder in FSX Addon scenery library. Re-activating it left me again with no AI aircraft. Hope someone has some suggestions.

Thanks

Last edited:
That KATL is not the way Atlanta looks. It is designed based on the 7 year plan which includes new Commuter Terminal and Cargo.

You have to turn off Aircraft cast shadows since it was a very early developed airport using FSX RTM.

Your picture also shows that UTX might also be installed. UTX deletes all the FSX default Cement polygons that many airports use as concrete. This is why you see grass on the northside of the airport where the hotels are positioned and west of runway 9L where there are parking lots.

Here is a link to my post

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-compatibility-issues_topic43284.html?KW=cement

Last edited:
Country
us-massachusetts
Yes Jim, you are correct. UTX is enabled. Now that you mention the aircraft shadow bug, I recall running into that problem with scenery of MYNN from TropicalSim. Their solution to having AI show was to turn off aircraft shadows.
I didn't like that remedy so I built my own rendition of MYNN for my personal use.

I appreciated your comments and link about the "cement" areas, parks, grass and UTX. At least now I know why it happens.

Thanks for your input.