FSX Key event logger : identify an event

The use of a > (greater than) symbol has nothing to do with an event, not sure why you got that impression. It signifies assignment... as in assigning the value to the LVAR.
I think this is the best explanation of why there is some confusion on my end.
The custom animation will read the Lvar and update. The default animation will be told like a command to do something.

So what i called an Lvar event is actually storing or updating the Lvar value. So now i see why it's not an event!!!:oops: Thanks everyone that helped!

Last edited:
K: is used to trigger a KNOWN or a CUSTOM event.
This is a great feature if you have a large code and do not want to use place this code over an over so you simply create a custom event.

I have a question you may be able to help me on. There is a custom event named "switch_arm_fire_suppression_apu" using EventID 0x00011007. When i try to use it i get an error invalid key event specified in xml. Do you know if there is some xml code for this event i can get? I would like to disable a APU fire after the default failure is active. I heard you also have made a list of 300 events. Would be nice to know more about that.

Because I work in the training industry, I don't provide access to any of my work. To work in XML with custom events, you will have to find someone who does that. That would not be me, I don't do XML.

Because I work in the training industry, I don't provide access to any of my work. To work in XML with custom events, you will have to find someone who does that. That would not be me, I don't do XML.
Oh i only asked because it was posted your shared it before. Not a big deal. I was hoping you recognize 0x00011007 as a default event and could give me info. It's odd flight sim has a variable with no working event.

taguilo

Resource contributor
This is a great feature if you have a large code and do not want to use place this code over an over so you simply create a custom event.

I have a question you may be able to help me on. There is a custom event named "switch_arm_fire_suppression_apu" using EventID 0x00011007. When i try to use it i get an error invalid key event specified in xml. Do you know if there is some xml code for this event i can get? I would like to disable a APU fire after the default failure is active. I heard you also have made a list of 300 events. Would be nice to know more about that.
K: events do not support custom definitions. You can only trigger those whose names are included in the EVENTS reference page of the SDK.

In other words, you cannot do 1 (>K:0x00011007). However, XMLEvents class in XMLTools provides a shorcut, you might want to take a look at XMLTools documentation and examples.

Tom

0x00011007 is not a default event. It is defined by the developer that added it to their aircraft. Custom event ID values start at 0x00011000 and end at 0x0001FFFF. As for any custom events I have used in projects, they would only apply to those projects and would have no value elsewhere.

taguilo

Resource contributor
Tom... he asked about a custom event, I simply explained what they are and what they are not. I also explained why it was vendor specific... or at least tried. I didn't try to explain that XML doesn't support them... because I don't try to explain XML. I didn't try to say they'd work.

taguilo

Resource contributor
Sure, Ed. I am not posting against your comments, just making clear that custom events are not available to trigger with (K) commands, with reasons explained in the referenced thread.

Tom

Tom... he asked about a custom event, I simply explained what they are and what they are not. I also explained why it was vendor specific... or at least tried. I didn't try to explain that XML doesn't support them... because I don't try to explain XML. I didn't try to say they'd work.
This event 0x00011007 was found from the SDK model.def file so not sure why it would be vendor specific. Unless they forgot to remove it. Anyways i am not sure anyone has put an APU fire out after the default failure is set. That is what i am after.