• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Key event logger : identify an event

Country
france
Hello,

I check my panel with Key Event logger of Pete Dawson to avoid to get Key_event which flood the Sim

But I have a event that comes periodicaly and each gauge cycle and I don't know what is the origin :

"KEY_MULTIPLAYER_TRACK_TOGGLE"

Image2.jpg

Can you tell me what is this event and how prevent flooding ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
How to prevent flooding. Flooding is when you ask an event to do something from external coding like xml coding and you do not ask if the event was off before the event starts.

EXAMPLE:

Code:
flood
(A:IF_ON,bool) 1 == if{ 1 (>K:DO SOMETHING) }

no flood
(A:IF_ON,bool) 1 == (A:DO_SOMETHING,bool) 0 == and if{ 1 (>K:DO SOMETHING) }

Country
us-ohio
This was a post from 2016... I don't think it was desperate for a response.

Country
unitedstates
This was a post from 2016... I don't think it was desperate for a response.

I knew that but its better to answer even late for when someone searches google like i did and comes across this post. I was searching for another reason. Seems using FUIPC to check for flooding shows K events and does not show Lvars flooding. Do i need another program to check for Lvars flooding?

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I knew that but its better to answer even late for when someone searches google like i did and comes across this post. I was searching for another reason. Seems using FUIPC to check for flooding shows K events and does not show Lvars flooding. Do i need another program to check for Lvars flooding?
Euhh .... What do you mean by "Lvars flooding" ???
From everything I know (but correct me if I'm wrong) just writing an Lvar at every schedule, has equal or less impact on code size or CPU cycles then testing it's previous state before writing it.

Rob

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Euhh .... What do you mean by "Lvars flooding" ???
From everything I know (but correct me if I'm wrong) just writing an Lvar at every schedule, has equal or less impact on code size or CPU cycles then testing it's previous state before writing it.

Rob

Its not about just writing an Lvar. Flooding is from that Lvar event or K event telling it to do something over and over until the end of the flight or a anti Lvar is set. So about 1000 times a minute you have 1 lvar making your CPU work. Add that up with more flooding and the rest of the simulation and it becomes too much for multiplayer servers and slower computers.

Got an answer from Bill today to try xml tools as this does show if Lvars are flooding. I always prevent flooding for any type of event because flooding will impact the cpu and the most important reason is for multiplayer servers. It can cause a server to crash. I always check my K events for flooding before i release a project but i was not aware FUIPC will not show Lvars. I already anti all my Lvars to prevent flooding but if you do not check you will find that some may still be flooding. Keep in mind some K events and L events might have to be left flooding when used because of complex coding. Just try to write the code so it does not flood when not used. I have some complex fuel systems that has miles of coding and i am not going to make it 5 times longer.:stirthepo

Last edited:

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
In multiplayer certain A vars are broadcast every cycle so that the state of your airplane can be seen by other players. For example if you lower the gear everyone close enough can see that it is down. In multiplayer every K event is transmitted as it occurs. Flooding is when this event occurs each cycle. L:vars are only transmitted to other gauges in your airplane and their states/values are not broadcast in multiplayer.
Roy

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
You might screw up your own frame rate, but the others in MP will not be affected.
Roy

taguilo

Resource contributor
Country
argentina
LVars do not produce flooding. They not even produce noticeable loss of fps. I've checked it up to 2500 lvars updated on every code cycle.
However, in MP sections they can be a factor sometimes. I recall being found that they might be broadcasted from gauges within 2D Panels, though not from gauges in VC or in model scripts.
And I guess the same might apply for shared cockpit.

Tom

Country
unitedstates
You might screw up your own frame rate, but the others in MP will not be affected.
Roy
That is good to know. I use my own custom XML TOOL for developing and FUIPC for checking K event flooding. Now i have XMLTOOLSv201 installed for checking Lvars. Seems the vars is only showing the variable and not the event. How do i check the Lvar events?

Last edited:

taguilo

Resource contributor
Country
argentina
That is good to know. I use my own custom XML TOOL for developing and FUIPC for checking K event flooding. Now i have XMLTOOLSv201 installed for checking Lvars. Seems the vars is only showing the variable and not the event. How do i check the Lvar events?

As Bob stated, there are no LVar events, they are directly updated, similar to vars in other languages.
If you want to check FS Events, just use XMLEvents utility included in XMLTools package.

Tom

Country
unitedstates
There is no such thing as an Lvar event.
When you write LVAR xml code 1 is a variable and the other is an event. No other way to explain each that i know of.
Anyways i now see XML "Events" from XMLTOOLS is showing the events. And yes that is an event!:eek:

Country
thailand
This is just a simple case of flight sim nomenclature.

L Var. That stands for L Variable. There are A variables, C, E, G, L, and P variables.

Event. An event is an instruction, or command, to the simulator to perform an action, like move the elevator, lower the gear, turn on autopilot altitude hold. A joystick, keyboard, mouse, or code are commonly used to fire an event. In code, an event is proceeded by the letter K.

I don't know what you're getting at when you say "the event that comes from the LVar.

Country
unitedstates
LVars do not produce flooding. They not even produce noticeable loss of fps. I've checked it up to 2500 lvars updated on every code cycle.
However, in MP sections they can be a factor sometimes. I recall being found that they might be broadcasted from gauges within 2D Panels, though not from gauges in VC or in model scripts.
And I guess the same might apply for shared cockpit.

Tom
This is also good to know. I am glad to know that only 2D panels gauges can flood MP.

P.S. If i remember you developed the XMLTOOLS?

Last edited:
Country
us-ohio
Variables are variables... events are events. They have nothing to do with each other.

LVARs are best described as LocalVARiables... easy to identify because they start with L:. The use of a > (greater than) symbol has nothing to do with an event, not sure why you got that impression. It signifies assignment... as in assigning the value to the LVAR. K: is used to trigger a KNOWN or a CUSTOM event. A known event is one that is listed in the SDK, a custom event is a numeric value that falls within a SDK defined range and is only understood by custom code that is expecting it. You are seriously crossing your signals with regards to all of this.