Keyboard commands for Carenado aircraft

Hi,
My name is Dan, I am a big fan of flight sim and want to expand my fleet. I recently bought some of Carenado aircraft and have run in a problem. Due to the fact that I have cerebral palsy, it is hard for me to use a mouse and I was wondering if there is a developer who is willing to work with me to help make keyboard command for these aircraft. I will need someone who is willing to help me with coding and I am willing to pay someone.
Thanks

Dietmar

Resource contributor
Hi Dan,
may be I can help. I have developed a number of gauges and other things too for FSX. So to assign a key to a dedicated FSX command should not be a big deal
I think. Your Carenado aircraft is it a FSX freeware or payware product ? It should be a FSX compatible model and not be a payware product.
And I am far away from asking for any payment. I am a freeware enhusiast. So let me know what you think.

Best
Dietmar

I am talking about payware aircraft. Carenado has told me that they have modified there codes and variables gauges so that they are more realistic. I was talking to someone on avsim who said that I can use p3d_xml_vars_x64. My questions are:
1. how do I install the gauge?
2. How do I use the gauge and write the correct code to get it working with my keyboard?

I also found the following link but don't understand how they're getting coming up with it.
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...th-a-hardware-button-instead-of-mouse.444895/

Thanks,

Dietmar

Resource contributor
Hi Dan,

I do not know what " p3d_xml_vars_x64 " has to do with your issue. Are you on P3D or on FSX ? Regarding your problem you need the following:

1. You need firstly a list for an XML Key assignment. You will get the list from here:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=XML:_Key_Traps
Now you know which key has which cone. Example: Code 50 is the key 2 on your board. Code 49 is the key 1.

2. As next you need a simple XML code which activates a LVAR if you hit the key 2 ( code 50 ) for example. Here the code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document
Type="AceXML"
version="1,0"
id="Key_X">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<Filename>Key_2.xml</Filename>
<SimGauge.Gauge id="Gauge" ArtDirectory=".">
<FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
<Size>340,340</Size>
<KeyMap id="KeyMap">
<Trigger id="Trigger">
<KeyboardKey>50</KeyboardKey>
<Script>(L:Bright_ONOFF,enum) ! (&gt;L:Bright_ONOFF,enum)</Script>
</Trigger>
</KeyMap>
</SimGauge.Gauge>
</SimBase.Document>

The gauge name is " Key_2" , the key board trigger is the code 50, and the LVAR (L:Bright_ONOFF,enum) will be toggled ON/OFF.

3. To insert this gauge into your panel.cfg you have to make this entry:

gaugeXX=KeyStrokes!Key_2,

Whereby the gauge XML code Key_2 must be in a folder called KeyStrokes in our example.

I hope this helps to understands on how a simple XML key board trigger works.

Dietmar

Dietmar,
I was wondering if you would be willing to set up an example for me because I have no idea what I am doing? I am not a developer and have not done any work with gauges. I was hoping that I could pay someone who knows what they're doing. I would have no problem sending you my addons and keys I want built-in.

Dietmar

Resource contributor
Hi Dan,

question once more: Are you on FSX or P3D ?
I was wondering if you would be willing to set up an example for me because I have no idea what I am doing?
For a code example look at may last post.
OK, I understand what you are looking for. So send me your addon and the keys you want to built in. However, because as it is a payware product,
I am not sure if I can do the job. If I have no access to the source code for the gauges and they are written not in XML I cannot do anything,
and other people would have the same problem. In this case you must take your addon as it is.
Send me a PM and let me know your mail address so we can see together what can be done.

Dietmar

Dietmar

Resource contributor
Hi Dan,
?????????????? No info., no PM from you. Do I ask for to much to get an update info from your end ? I mean, you asked for help and not the other way around.
To me the issue is closed.

Bye, Bye !