• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

KLAX 25R and 24L

I currently have all runways in use but when it comes to landing all my ai planes either land on 25L (if comming from South of LAX) or 24R if coming from North of LAX)

My runway 24R is really congested with traffic landing
is there anyway I can make the planes land on all 4 runways and not just those 2?

thanks
-Cesar..

tgibson

Resource contributor
The short answer is I don't know of a way. The north runway at LAX will always be very, very busy. Luckily the departing aircraft will take off on the inner runways, so that's not a problem.

Cesar and Tom

It can be done but requires several layers of runway coding.

The following pictures are my FSX Atlanta (KATL) where all runways are open for takeoff and landing. You can see by the pictures that inbound planes on the approach are using all the runways.

The same can be done for KLAX. In the coding you can force certain planes (not all of them) that come from the north to land on both the Inner and outer south runways since they are not used very much.

Since there is some complex coding of runways I plan to make this coding a function of ADE9X. There needs to be some under the hood programming which would make it earier for everyone to do that have airports with 3 or more parallel runways.

25L (if comming from South of LAX) or 24R if coming from North of LAX)
Notwithstanding Jim's runway coding, what you have described is the correct runway operations under normal conditions at KLAX. The inner runways are used for takeoff only.

If there's too much traffic you might try reducing your AI setting or adding some overlay crossings to alleviate bottlenecks and provide for a more fluid ground movement across the inner runways.

I just want to make it as relaistic as possible and i have noticed that sometimes they also use runway 24L for landings...

i have noticed that sometimes they also use runway 24L for landings
I believe this changed a few years ago due to safety issues and recommendations following a collision between two planes (one landing and the other taking off) on one of the inner runways (25R?), but if you've observed planes landing on the inner runways then there are obviously exceptions to the rule.

i see..
well i flew with Alaska late last year and landed on 24R and we had to hold short due to an Air Canada E190 landing 24L

maybe that was one of those exceptions..

I found out that the exception to the rule would be a closely coordinated visual approach only to the inner runways, which adds some interesting new options since all four runways contain ILSs per the FSX stock scenery.

I found out that the exception to the rule would be a closely coordinated visual approach only to the inner runways, which adds some interesting new options since all four runways contain ILSs per the FSX stock scenery.
Several years ago, (before I retired), we used to fly a company-owned DC-10 into LAX (where we were based) nearly every day, often coming from White Sands, NM (aerospace testbed). If traffic was heavy, we were occasionally asked if we could "accept" a visual to runway 25R (the normal takeoff runway on the south side). I think this was because the controllers knew we were based at KLAX and we knew the airport well, and it also eased our taxi to the hangar, at the west end of the airport (no need to cross another runway).

Hello Jim,

is there some news about your mentioned runway function? Could it also be possible to force a certain category of aircraft to land on a certain runway? e.g. all cargo planes at VHHH only lands on 25L/07R?

Many thanks in advance,
Ron

Hello Jim,

is there some news about your mentioned runway function? Could it also be possible to force a certain category of aircraft to land on a certain runway? e.g. all cargo planes at VHHH only lands on 25L/07R?

Many thanks in advance,
Ron

Hi Ron

The runway code for Jets is based on the Empty Weight in the Aircraft.cfg. We cannot seperate a B747 Cargo from a B747 Airline. We can seperate a B737 and a B747 but that won't help in your case.

ADE9 now has the SCSAM code for flattens. This same SCASM code is used to implement all parallel runways to be landing runways based on the size of the airplane (B737 vs B747).

The SCSAM compiler code is on my list for Jon to add into ADE.

I began to try this at KLAX. I made a SCASM overlay 06L/24R and it looks fine (also moved runway height a bit upwards). Then I went into ADEX and made changes to 06L/24R, length down to 6496,0 ft and moved it eastwards to keep the touchdown points. But it doesn't work. All traffic (also heavies) still requesting 24R for landing, nothing for 24L.

What now, any further changes in the xml-code or in ADEX?

Thanks in advance :)
Ron