• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA KLIA Kaula Lumpur International Airport

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Phase II, I'm well aware of that.
But the satellite photos are still not available that new. I think it is the most important key point for the developer. If you don't have satellite photo, even AFCAD cannot be accurate enough.

Let's it be my PhaseII, too. :D

This is awesome -- first I hear Gold Coast is being developed, and now KLIA.

I fly regularly (in real life) with Air Asia from KLIA to the Coast.

Let me know if you need any help, I would love to beta test as well if possible :)

This is awesome -- first I hear Gold Coast is being developed, and now KLIA.

I fly regularly (in real life) with Air Asia from KLIA to the Coast.

Let me know if you need any help, I would love to beta test as well if possible :)

in sure they would like link to charts and such, as they are necessary in some cases :)
but im not speaking 4 them.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Here is some progression on KLIA, runway 14 L.

WMKK04.jpg

WMKK06.jpg

WMKK05.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my god... Long time ago since 2005, I try so hard to work on main airport of my home country (currently still living and work in Singapore) but it never completed due to increase work commitments and kids :)

Thank you so much jtanabodee for you work. You absolutely had bring out from the dead my interest in FS. If anything you need to help you with your work please don't hesitate to ask me.I'll do my best to contribute :D.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Oh my god... Long time ago since 2005, I try so hard to work on main airport of my home country (currently still living and work in Singapore) but it never completed due to increase work commitments and kids :)

Thank you so much jtanabodee for you work. You absolutely had bring out from the dead my interest in FS. If anything you need to help you with your work please don't hesitate to ask me.I'll do my best to contribute :D.

Thanks for your comment. It is tough job, isn't it? I think I cannot finish this project before the end of this year. Still keep working.
Moreover, making a tunnel beneath the taxiway is very difficult indeed. Matching the model of tunnel to photoscenery that is dig down by flattening is extraordinary difficult.

Thanks for your comment. It is tough job, isn't it? I think I cannot finish this project before the end of this year. Still keep working.
Moreover, making a tunnel beneath the taxiway is very difficult indeed. Matching the model of tunnel to photoscenery that is dig down by flattening is extraordinary difficult.

Indeed they are especially you're not working fulltime. At the end, I just end up frustrating..

Are you using simbuilder x for digging the tunnel ? I've yet to work on that. I just make it look like a bridge just like Flytampa did on their Seattle airport

btw I only worked on FS2004 before, never did scenery on FSX..

I'm glad you like it.
The airport is huge and lot of detail.
It seem to me that the airport is underutilized. No so many people have been there. I'm not sure if Malysian guys play Flight sim a lot, that why I'm reluctant to build this airport for years.
Here are some more photoscenery pictures.
wmkksepang02.jpg

wmkksepang.jpg

If you have more pictures of the airport please sent to me. Good Photos from the apron or parking space are difficult to find. I went there last year but had no chance to take a pictures since my flight is at night.

Great job jtanabodee! :) Can't wait for this project to be completed. You can find good pictures what you're looking for in the following links

1. KLIA Apron - http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17756
2. Observation deck - http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5613

Hope this helps to ease your burden! You'll have to be a member to view the photos though.

I'll help out in any way I can to see this project come to fruition.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Not yet.
But good news is I'm done with both version of Suvarnabhumi Airport.
I'm now making progress in this project.
Will come with an update later.