• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA KLIA Kaula Lumpur International Airport

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I visited this airport last year and I'd like to do. It is big and very difficult to do since all taxiways in default are miss placed.
There will be both versions, FSX and FS9 since none has been developed.
Freeware version with default texture buildings will be available first to benefit people who fly IVAO. Full version with gmax models in detail will be available later. I think it is like long haul flying, you need a rest on the way. I think I need a rest after I'm done with AFCAD and release it as freeware. Then do something else and come back to do gmax models.
Sorry I miss spelled KLIA= Kuala Lumpur International Airport

01-6.jpg

02-5.jpg

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks for the comments guys.
I was wondering why there is no one ever develop this airport in detail, either freeware or payware.
May be Kuala Lumpur is not the tourist destination or Malaysian guys do play Flight Sim?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Almost two months passed with the development of MacauX, I come back to this project.
It is difficult to make photoscenery color match to the default. I later make a completely new photoscenery. Much better I think. But need some more color correction. After photoscenery is done, next step is ground poly for taxiways, runways, aprons and lines. Oh, long way to go.:(
wmkkphotos.jpg

Country
malaysia
Looks great! I'm happy that someone finally decided to make a better version of this airport. Thanks to you. Can't wait for the release soon. Any release date? :)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I'm glad you like it.
The airport is huge and lot of detail.
It seem to me that the airport is underutilized. No so many people have been there. I'm not sure if Malysian guys play Flight sim a lot, that why I'm reluctant to build this airport for years.
Here are some more photoscenery pictures.
wmkksepang02.jpg

wmkksepang.jpg

If you have more pictures of the airport please sent to me. Good Photos from the apron or parking space are difficult to find. I went there last year but had no chance to take a pictures since my flight is at night.

Country
australia
It's always hard without photos. Try Flickr there's always lots there but I often need to use tools like ImageAlignPro to make photos into textures. This is the No.1 design tool I have, and sometimes there's no choice but to synthesise textures from a bunch of photos.

Country
netherlands
Thanks for the scenery i decided to make background for the airport inclusive with night lighting but that is nothing compared to this..so good job :)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks newmanix. That's very helpful forum.
I did search photos with that forum when I made VTBS. But I forgot to look around this time.
Both versions will be done on the same time. I finish up AFCAD file both versions already.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I'm working on many projects at a time to decrease boredom. In the past, I felt like being kept in those airport for quite a long time if I worked on one project from the beginning through the end.
Here is some progression on KLIA, the control tower.
WMKK01.jpg

WMKK02.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I'm done with the control tower.
WMKK03.jpg

The shadow is from 3dsmax. I think it is better than what it is from satellite photo. I need to delete the shadow from it and replace with shadow from 3dsmax.

Country
malaysia
I'm done with the control tower.
WMKK03.jpg

The shadow is from 3dsmax. I think it is better than what it is from satellite photo. I need to delete the shadow from it and replace with shadow from 3dsmax.

jtanabodee, based on the google map..you may clearly see that there is the main highway roads (which I marked with the red arrows) which lead the way to the airport.

Hopefully you may focus on the highway with more detail texture of the highway.

Thank you so much and I will definitely buy this airport because I'm from Malaysia. Proud of you to making this airport.

KLIAgoogleMap_zpsd64ecb2b.jpg

Attachments

• KLIA google Map.jpg
    KLIA google Map.jpg
    619.4 KB · Views: 1,614
Last edited: