• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 KMSP - Minneapolis / St. Paul International Airport.

Hi,

Nice work (although me too I would have preferred an FSX version).
Now, make sure you have good night and HWI textures, add a NWA MD-50 leaving for Madison (Wi) with non functioning flaps and unlockable landing gear and I will be able to relive my last visit to Minneapolis St.Paul :eek:.

Country
us-minnesota
So you make an account just to complain about what I am doing? :rolleyes:

It will be freeware so I won't be making any money off it anyways. ;) Don't worry, an FSX version will come and it will not be "crippled" by FS9 technology.

There are many of us that still use FS9 and don't care for the tweaking game of FSX. Prepare 3D v2 might change things as a decent running sim will have us all on one version. Old as FSX is it still has issues even on new hardware. Thanks for the FS9 version as you are looking out for this community as a whole and not just one segment. Again until we have a decent platform for everyone all options for development are on the table so everyone can enjoy their sim of choice.

Country
us-minnesota
1395206_186050604916177_594882962_n.jpg

(sorry about the poor quality)

Last edited:
But I wil settle for FS9 as well:) as I use both because both have their advantages and disadvantages;).

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have deleted all the off topic comments and responses.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Just take a look at it I can feel how much blood, sweat and tear have been put on this.:eek:
Great Work!

Last edited:
Country
us-minnesota
Bump. It's been a while since the last update. School has been keeping me busy but I was able to get some work done over Christmas break.

1475776_197990757055495_1144257433_n.png

Groundpoly transition.
1521764_209955712525666_2014109427_n.jpg

I started on the runway and taxiway markings.
1551752_209955662525671_408186558_n.jpg

Country
unitedstates
Hi...

Another person who's sim of choice still happens to be FS9... Some superb model work there - sir... In all the years I've been flying the virtual skies - I can almost guarantee I've never landed in MN... This would give a good reason to change all that... Keep up the good work !!!
:)

Regards,
Scott

Country
us-minnesota
I have tested a few things in FSX. I tested the groundpoly in FSX and it didnt seem to hit the FPS too bad, but I also do not have a very power computer. I have been doing all my work on an Intel Core i3 Laptop with Intel HD3000 graphics, so what may impact my FPS, may not on another computer. Does 244 groundpoly tiles at 1024x1024 each seem like too many to you?

Country
switzerland
One Question you've not answered till yet: Will that be a Pay or Freeware?

This verry awesome Project should become a payware I think... because you've added lots of hours of work on that Project...
and the Quality as well as quantity of this scenery are just stunning!

Hope you'll release this Scenery at Simmarket!

Country
us-minnesota
It will be freeware, mainly because I am new to flight simulator development and this is my first scenery project. I am not going to charge money for something that I have no prior experience with. However, it is very possible that future versions and sceneries of mine will be payware, as I will have more experience by then and will be able to refine and polish them more.

Country
us-virginia
I don't think prior experience or lack there of should determine whether you charge or not. What I see in the pictures is nothing short of a quality, well modelled airport. I would pay for it. Don't sell yourself short.

Todd

Country
germany
Payware or Freeware... I am really looking forward for your project to be released one day! So fantastic that it will be for FS9 - Thank you so much.

Dedl