FS2004 KRSW

Well, I can tell you guys, after working on the ground polys some more, I can officially say I HATE taxiways....The are a royal PITA to do...On the other note though, I am loving Max '19. A lot of things that I was struggling with in '12 seems to go a lot smoother in '19. The only thing I don't like is that all my projects that I did in '12 keep giving me a conversion screen when opening them. I did that once on a backup version and I lost all my templates for the sweep function. I hopefully will have some updated pics for you guys in the next couple of days.

So...as promised....All the taxi lines are in. Now on to the rest of the markings...
And yes, I removed the alpha channels from the other textures as i want to see if I can get the same effect from layering other textures.
Scrshot025.jpg
Scrshot026.jpg
Scrshot027.jpg
Scrshot028.jpg
Scrshot029.jpg
Scrshot030.jpg
Scrshot031.jpg

Awesome... looks pretty complicated... though I am proud of you, that you're still sticking to that work to finish the scenery...
Keep on going Mate! It looks very cool... I do hope that you still have fun, doing it. Can't wait to fly-in at KRSW soon...ish..

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Guys, for the second time in a few months we had to remove posts here because some of you are fighting out some personal issues in this thread. Please keep replies on topic for this thread. Of we need to interact in this thread again, we will start to issues bans to the involved people.

So keep discussions about the scenery that is shown in this thread. Thanks!

Like it, allthough the concrete textures of the taxiway looks a bit blurry in comparison to the other ones...(possible issues with the alpha channel?)
hopefully this is just temporary and will be corrected.

@Airbasil , I think it may look blurry to you due to the fact that I added the dirt on the main terminal taxiways. I need to blend the alpha channel a bit more so there are not such defined lines. The concrete texture is the same resolution as the asphalt texture.

I have a partially modelled main terminal for RSW if that would be of any use (no textures, missing one of the concourses and details)

looks good... I am really convinced of your work... though a little bit irritated by your way of texturing.
In some corners, your textures are blurred out, and then you have hard edges again. Which somehow doesn't match to each other. :D

Are these textures remaining in that manor, from blurry to hard edge or will you match those up on the entire taxiways?
And what's it about the black hard edges in the last image? If I compare it to the real deal, there are some darker concrete layerings yes... though, not that hard edged and not that dark...

Last edited:
@Airbasil , I am in no way a texturing guru (honestly I suck at mapping and texturing) If you can do better, I will be more than happy to send it your way.

@Airbasil , I am in no way a texturing guru (honestly I suck at mapping and texturing) If you can do better, I will be more than happy to send it your way.
I actually can't... didn't even tried to :) - I am thrilled of your work and will be proud to use it as soon as it's been released somedays... can't wait... keep on working as good as you do it right now!

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ffab2211-e004-4e95-8a37-e9c0586399ce/RSW-WIP
Here's the terminal, sorry about the delay as school and college application stuff has just been way too busy recently. I might be able to continue work on the terminal once 2020 rolls around and I'm done applying to colleges. Will this scenery be freeware?
Hahah that's pretty funny... There's another one on 3D Warehouse, I've mentioned few months ago... which has allready a nice ground poly added to it and which is a bit more complete...
though a little old I think... some overhauling needed when adding to the scenery...

Check it out here:

Btw. for the Terminal Complex i just got around this Sketchup Modelling and Phototerrain over at 3D Warehouse. If you need help to create the Terminal Complex, I think it's a good Start to use this free Download Model:

Check it out over at: 3D Warehouse
(There are literaly hundreds of prepared poly's for airports to be created with sketchup over there...)

Last edited: