• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS KSZP- Santa Paula - Available

Country
us-california
First scenery for MSFS. Santa Paula is one of my favorite GA airports, full of aviation history, including (steve mcqueen's hangar) last week I've been putting some hours in.
Hope to release it around the middle of April.
Since there are a lot of details in the airport, I'm trying to keep the count down as much as possible and add details with PBR and Alpha, I'm going to attempt to create all hangars and objects larger than 2m by hand.
Thank's a lot to everybody actively helping out on this forum.

kszp-snap3 copy.jpg

Country
us-california
Was stuck at some point after each time I imported a object it kept saying there was a duplicate in an element?!. I deleted parts until the error disappeared.
Still not sure, I converted everything to mesh, everything had a unique name, anyhow, moving on.

kszp-update4.jpg

Country
unitedstates
Very nice cant wait I used to live here and went to airport all the time, I also learned to fly here in a Cessna 150..

Country
us-california
SDK challenges aside, its moving on, little bit worried as when there are more and more objects the project seems increasingly sensitive for errors.
dev5.jpg

Country
us-california
Very nice cant wait I used to live here and went to airport all the time, I also learned to fly here in a Cessna 150..
Would love to know what you think of it, would love to have your feedback of a pre-release version if you are up for it.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Would love to know what you think of it, would love to have your feedback of a pre-release version if you are up for it.
It would be my pleasure so far from the pictures it is spot on.. Anything I can do to help you out would be the least I can do..

Country
unitedstates
I still remember when the small airport café used to be were Logston's is now.. What great memory's going there with my Grandfather when I was a kid he was one of the ones that helped open the airport.. Along with Ralph Dickenson. Do you still go there I was wondering if Pete Masson is still towing banners there, I used to help him put the banners together he pulled them with a modified Stearman..

Country
unitedstates
Here is a picture of the museum right next to the restaurant on the east side.. my Grandpas picture is in there with Ralph way back when the airport had 5 hangars and a dirt strip, Oh the good old days...
ap1620249266.jpg

Country
unitedstates
There were also some movies filmed here like Radio Flyer with Tom Hanks, and Emilia Earhart to name a few ok I wont hog your awesome work you are doing here, with all my posts...

Country
us-california
There were also some movies filmed here like Radio Flyer with Tom Hanks, and Emilia Earhart to name a few ok I wont hog your awesome work you are doing here, with all my posts...
Your posts are extremely helpful and welcome, thanks so much for sharing that picture.
Regarding Stearman #8 do you know if that prop is still on it? see this picture:

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 14.46.55.png

The amount of detail and history this airport has is mindblowing, and it's easy to get lost and keep adding all small details to the scenery to honor it all, really enjoying the process and any information you can share is 100% welcome.

snap7 copy.png

Country
unitedstates
Wow your progress is looking great!! as far as the prop I am not sure sorry.. Here is a picture of the tripacer I used to fly in Santa Paula..
tripacer (2).jpg

Country
unitedstates
Let me know if I can help you out with anything I design scenery aka maps for farmsim also so I can help with the beta testing if you like..

Country
unitedstates
Here is a picture of my good family friends Howard DGA named White Bear at SP. Bruce Dickenson he is also the V.P. there.. There is so much history at that airport.. I am so glad you are making this great scenery for this airport and you are doing a great job!!!!
DGA.jpg

Country
unitedstates
Your posts are extremely helpful and welcome, thanks so much for sharing that picture.
Regarding Stearman #8 do you know if that prop is still on it? see this picture:

View attachment 73002

The amount of detail and history this airport has is mindblowing, and it's easy to get lost and keep adding all small details to the scenery to honor it all, really enjoying the process and any information you can share is 100% welcome.

View attachment 73004
So far wow it looks like your really there!!! where the fuel pump id my family's hangar was just 2 hangars down..

Country
us-california
So far wow it looks like your really there!!! where the fuel pump id my family's hangar was just 2 hangars down..
Thats so awesome, So that must have been on Curtiss taxiway or Wright taxiway? :)
Its a dream of mine to have a hangar there.