• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Kunming Changshui airport in the making

Country
netherlands
I started a time ago with a new airport project, the new kunming airport in China for FSX
Here are some screenshots of my new project:
00a932995f691a5c76875c2cfa2d0e3a.jpg

60ebba96cc782ea756bbe924928906ac.jpg

cb995ac0a39e0a17dd37342713e604d3.jpg

0684ac4b20800686c3e7517997f6e001.jpg

6ee5a08707a736f38fb7327283c17296.jpg

71eaf9ecf73d0fc735c249d549d2b4f5.jpg

M Van der linden

Country
germany
Awesome!!! It looks as if the project is already in a very advanced state. And that it will be freeware is the cherry on the cake!

Country
netherlands
That's right, the project is is in a very advanced state at this time.
I started 11 month's ago with the project kunming,
and it is going very well.

M van der linden

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I was asked by someone to make this airport as well. No time enough to do. I'm glad that you have been doing it with a very good quality. Congratulation for your first project, linden.

Country
unitedstates
Love the subterranean roadway thing near the tower linden, how did you make a "hole" in the FS terrain if you don't mind my asking? The roof is awesome, love the 4th shot. :)

Jim

Country
netherlands
Thanks for your feedback guys,
It's great to do some asian airport projects, after my finished Guam scenery.
I made the hole at the tower with the Airport design editor's flatten mask class exclude autogen groundpoly's, I have set the elevation of the hole a few meters lower than the elevation of the airport itself, and created the subterranean roadway in google sketchup, matched the size of the hole for the subterranean roadway with the holes in the runway poly's , and placed it with Flight1 instant scenery 3.

These are my sketchup models of the subterranean roadway, based on the size of the red circles on the runway poly's

at the tower
3595e04c0b081d8c09d057cf41dad1b7.jpg

tunnel at the terminal

9dc63196f3d6a497b595283f6e07b781.jpg

runway poly

0160903867a7692e34c9d01da87e1359.jpg

Example of my airport design editor work

5b3da945b6a8ae631917358689a9a6b6.jpg

I worked with a flatten mask class map exclude autogen in ADE X

regards

M van der linden

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi Linden,
Do you have another set of ADE or they are in the same file?
I have overlay airport that has the elevation separately. May be it was improve with ADE 1.60. Since when I got this tunnel done it was still version 1.55
WMKKtunnelOK01_zpsdd3b806e.jpg

Country
unitedstates
That's pretty slick, beautiful modeling and ADE work BTW. I figured you were using flatten polygons of some sort to make the hole but I've not had much luck with the fine control needed to do something like that, I usually end up with some shark's teeth around the edges and humps & bumps where I don't want them... I've always used SBuilder, maybe I should try some in ADE. I didn't know you were using sketchup, I can make a box in sketchup and maybe pull up a centerline to give me a peaked roof but that's about it, lol. Impressive work here and thanks for the explanation on "the hole". :)

Jim

Country
netherlands
Hi Jtanabodee,

I'm working with seperate elevations too.
I have also ADE 1.60, updated to version 1.61

M van der linden.

Hi Jim,

In ADE X you can make elevations,
The shark teeth problem is a known problem for me too, I'm also had that problem in the past,
I am always using ADE X for things like elevations and flatten groundpoly's
I'm using Sbuilderx for aerial backgrounds at airports, and some objects.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Shark teeth is common, an inevitable. But you can put your slider for mesh resolution to the max. It can decrease shark teeth to be tiny, or mouse teeth instead.:)

Country
china
Great job! Can't believe the new airport which started operation in mid 2012, serving domestic as well as East and Southeast Asian destinations has been depicted so nicely! Can I ask how many polys did you spend on the terminal and jetways? Thanks. Can't wait to try it :p

Country
germany
Oh great scenery china. Very much thanks yours work of china as guam!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk Pro

Country
netherlands
Hi Sebi,

I'm working with Sketchup make, Model Converter X, ADE X, gimp, paint and photoshop 2.
The animated runway guard lights are made with G-max.
I get my texture from CG textures.com.

Hi skysoft simulation

I checked it in my Sketchup model statistics, the terminal model counts 13176 faces.
And the jetway models counts 23772 faces.
You are also making great sceneries, i bought your ZJHK scenery for FSX trough simmarket, and I like it, it's a great destination.

Last edited: