• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Lagging MSFS SDK Developer mode?

Country
malaysia
Hi! I came across this weird kind of stutters and lagging when developing my scenery. As you can see the frame rates are at about 15 fps and when I exit project editor, my fps was back to normal at about 30fps++. If the simulation is the problem, I dont think so as I am able to fly with decent FPS. Did try to change from medium to low settings and enter project editior, still lagging as so. Only in project editor mode it lags badly.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 145516.png

(In project editor developer mode with 15 fps)

Screenshot 2021-07-11 145548.png

(after exiting project editor, fps has about 30fps++)

And besides that,I even try to hide my projects, but to no avail the fps is insanely bad and laggy.It'shard to develop scenery in this kind of way lol. Any help guys?
image_2021-07-11_150548.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-11 145855.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-11 145855.png
    3 MB · Views: 23
Just check that none of your open windows go outside the screen -- if that last screenshot is the whole screen, then the scenery window looks like to goes beyond the edge, and this would really slow my system down.

Country
malaysia
Just check that none of your open windows go outside the screen -- if that last screenshot is the whole screen, then the scenery window looks like to goes beyond the edge, and this would really slow my system down.
What do u mean? I cannot understand. Can you be more specific?

Just make sure that all the editor windows -- including the Project Editor window and Scenery Editor window in your screenshot above -- are placed so that they don't go over the edge of the screen.

Country
malaysia
Hey thanks bud it works! Problem solved. For those who ever wonders about this thing. Just make sure ur project editor is in the middle of the screen, not on the edge like this image below <3

1625997512576.png

Country
us-illinois
Hello:

I also had this problem with un-docked dialog windows when using multiple monitors.

This problem compelled me to buy / build an expensive hardware upgrade that could otherwise have waited for later. :(

Why ?

My older hardware was already capable of running MSFS-2020 in 'normal' FS flight mode at 24 FPS, but I needed better performance for MSFS-2020 SDK GUI "DevMode", as I always work with (3) monitors.

I concluded that the size required for display of all pertinent details on the SDK GUI "DevMode" floating dialog windows is IMHO "unusable", even when those SDK GUI "DevMode" floating dialog windows are "docked" into a multi-tabbed view by dragging-and-dropping them all onto the main Project Editor dialog . :scratchch

Guess what ? o_O

After the expense / effort to buy / build an expensive hardware upgrade, MSFS-2020 SDK GUI "DevMode" still runs at ~15 FPS when I try using un-docked dialog windows. :banghead:

MSFS-2020 is not yet coded to run properly on multiple monitors. :alert:

Asobo: Please get MSFS-2020 "up to speed" for multi-monitor support ...ASAP !!! :stirthepo

However, I have found that when one configures Windows Desktop display resolution the same as that for MSFS-2020, the SDK GUI "DevMode" FPS ...improved. ;)

GaryGB

Last edited:

christopherbritton

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
However, I have found that when one configures Windows Desktop display resolution the same as that for MSFS-2020,MSFS-2020 SDK GUI "DevMode" FPS ...improved. ;)
Do you mean resolution or refresh rate? I had a similar issue where my resolution was the same, but my main monitor was set for 165hz. Matching the refresh rate on all monitors helped a little, but performance still becomes dreadful after about 30min of work. Even worse if it's a project with a lot of edits.

There definitely needs to be some optimization done, because I have to edit at about 10fps for a couple of my projects.. lol