Landable animated object

Hi

I want to make and landable animated object but the SimObjects do not follow the animation. Please see the bellow test video:

Does anyone have a clue how we can avoid this?

Thank you all in advance.

Hi,

Funny I should stumble upon this. I have been wanting some form of moveable heli-trailers/dolly's for sometime and thought I'd give it a crack yesterday.

Instead of using SODE I had the idea of trying to modify the code in AICarriers (js version) to see if I could add a reverse function...after much trying I managed to do it. I'm no java wizard at all and so adding the reverse function took many goes at trying to compile the code (not to mention attempts with about 6 different programs).

Regardless it works! See the vid below. I'm sure this would work for your heli-wagon too. The beauty is that you can actually turn the sim object too and obviously place it anywhere you want.

I'm wondering if there is someone out there who might recreate AICarriers into its own standalone Heli Trailers app. It's open source software so I couldn't see why it can't be done, I just don't have the expertise to do it properly because you'd want to do away with some of the other options in AICarriers and replace with a few other functions such as spawn the SimObject say 2 meters to the left/right (instead of 10nm ahead) and possibly even save the location of trailers...

The other thing I have no idea about is animation (so, making the wheels on the Gator or dolly turn)...FYI - the models used (Gator/Dolly) are not mine, I grabbed them from the internet and converted fur use in P3D.

That is really excellent.

I'm really a almost zero at Java, but looks like that we have to study that solution.
In terms of animation, it could be that java loads a second model where the wheels are animated turning in that direction and then staing and rotating.

If there was any way to keep the Simobject attached to the object, will would be very very easy with SODE, but until now i did not find it. It could be that aircraft carriers have some condition to keep the objects on top, i dont know.

Does anyone know where we can learn how to create an aricraft carrier?

Until there, that solution is the best approach.

Thank you.

/Mário

By the way Essex.
That problem on the carrier was vertical movement, and it could be that horizontal and vertical does not have the same behavior.

But even so, I will test vertical movemente and check that discussion.
Meanwhile I have created an very big attachpoint and did not help :(

Thank you Essex.

Hi togehter

concerning the wheel animation
i have a contact to a Pro. developer

but he wants little bit money for the work
shell we ask him ?
i will provide contact than :)

=rk=

Resource contributor
You should ask him what about his information does he think is worth money. This provides some sort of added value to the simulator? The game was meaningless without helicopters rolling around on dollies? The notion is absurd, obviously this is this single person's obsession, his challenge to learn, to grow, that your friend sees as a commercial opportunity. Considering marioric joined here in 2011, he likely has more experience than many professional developers and since this is fsdeveloper.com, he is already welcome to free advice from quite a few profesional developers. Tell your professional friend that he is welcome to join the conversation - I'm already quite certain that he would learn something too! But if that offer is not good enough for him, he should probably start his own website where he charges for advice and stop trying to take our free customers from us.

Hi Guys,

Some detail on how I have the dollies working in my sim at the moment.

The Gator & Trailer are one SimObject which I've just added to the AICarriers CFG file. I tweaked the vehicle CFG file to ensure it operates at slow speeds. The good thing about this is you could practically add any type of dolly, heli-wagon, heli-lifter into the sim.

I trialled the default tractor SimObject and the wheels turn as you would expect, so all that would require animating are the wheels as per standard animation in FS.

I will upload the AICarriers version that I have modded and provide a link here for anyone who wants to try it. Literally all it adds is the reverse function.

I've been using the trailers now for just over a week and its a great little addition, being able to pull the helicopter in and out of the hangar just adds that extra element.

One thing that needs changing (within the plugin) is how the trailers spawn, as right now they jump from below and it throws the helicopter up in the air...I've gotten around this by changing the position of the model which means you have to slew the helicopter onto the pad once spawned.

Cheers

Hi thommoj
would you also be so kind and post the
AICarriers.cfg file entrys as an example :
so that we just need to change the title of the SimOjekt
thank you in advance

Hi Guys,

Some detail on how I have the dollies working in my sim at the moment.

The Gator & Trailer are one SimObject which I've just added to the AICarriers CFG file. I tweaked the vehicle CFG file to ensure it operates at slow speeds. The good thing about this is you could practically add any type of dolly, heli-wagon, heli-lifter into the sim.

I trialled the default tractor SimObject and the wheels turn as you would expect, so all that would require animating are the wheels as per standard animation in FS.

I will upload the AICarriers version that I have modded and provide a link here for anyone who wants to try it. Literally all it adds is the reverse function.

I've been using the trailers now for just over a week and its a great little addition, being able to pull the helicopter in and out of the hangar just adds that extra element.

One thing that needs changing (within the plugin) is how the trailers spawn, as right now they jump from below and it throws the helicopter up in the air...I've gotten around this by changing the position of the model which means you have to slew the helicopter onto the pad once spawned.

Cheers
Were can i find the download link to your modificated AICarriers version

Lg Slide