• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Landable flight deck ship

Country
netherlands
Hello,

As some of you may have heard, Aerosoft is organizing an event called "around the world with Aerosoft". More about that on the Aerosoft website.

Currently there's discussion about what route to follow to cross the atlantic. Since some pilots will be flying aircraft that have a limited range the only logical route would be the north atlantic route over Iceland. However, since for crossing the pacific the most logical route would also be the northern route (over Alaska) that way you'd hardly see anything from America. The idea of a world tour is to see something from the world, not to fly a circle around the north pole.

Therefor I thought it would be a better choice to fly the south route over the atlantic, hopping over from Africa or the Cape Verde islands to Brazil. But this comes with a problem for the pilots who fly those limited range aircraft. They can't make that crossing, it's too far for them. They'd need a refueling stop on their way, so I came up with the idea to place a flight deck ship somewhere inbetween there for that purpose.

The only problem is that I have no idea how to do that. My knowledge of developing is very limited. I know it should be possible. I was looking at Abacus Flight Deck 5 and 6, but those ships aren't anywhere near where I'd like to have them.

Maybe somebody out here knows how to do this and is willing to help out? I would have done it myself if I had the time and knowledge for it, but unfortunately I don't. It might be an idea to take the flight deck ship model from Abacus and place it in the correct position, but I don't know if that's possible and if so, how easy or difficult that would be.

Country
germany
There are GA aircraft flown to Hawaii from the US westcoast almost on a daily basis. The secret her is callesd "ferry tanks". Could either be edited into the aircraft.cfg, or faked by in flight (menu) refuelling. ;)

Oh, and then there is AiCarriers II, that little freeware position a landable harddeck anywhere you want. :)

Country
netherlands
Thanks!

The problem is that it's not just for myself. If it would be, it would be easy to pull such tricks. But for an event like this it should be something that everybody can do. Even those who know nothing at all should be able to do it, so I'd need something pre-made and pre-configured. Just install and go.

Country
spain
it's very easy, just place the carriers along the route you want. with an object placement tool , OPT from the SDK, Whisplacer, Instant scenery (payware) there are many, you can even add an Ade file which will convert those carriers in an airport. you can make these carriers behalf as ai traffic, which mean you can make them to follow a route. with tools like Aibtc. By the way that route is not new, this is the route of the old airplanes times when old airplanes tried to cross the south atlantic.

Country
netherlands
That's indeed what I had in mind, but as I've said before my knowledge about developing is very limited and my time even more. But you sound like you got experience with it. Maybe you'd like to do it. And I can't make any promises, but I figure since Aerosoft offers a discount for every scenery used for this event maybe they can give you a certain financial compensation. I can ask for that, but I repeat that I can't make any promises about that.

Country
germany
Actually it's pretty easy. All you need is Ai-Carriers 2. With that software you can place a carrier on any position in the chart, for example an intersection within a certain range. If all those in your flight have Ai-Carriers 2 installed, and you all can agree (by means of a briefing) for cartain fixed positions for fuel stops, I don't really see a problem.

Country
us-virginia
Or if you have the Boat Traffic Compiler (I believe its available in the tools section) and GoogleEarth you can easily place the default carriers anywhere and they'll be moving. Once you read through the directions, its pretty straight forward. Plus using GoogleEarth makes it simple to plot the ship's path. Or if you are flying a helicopter, there is a help capable cruise ship and yacht that you can send sailing.