• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Landable helipad in wood

Country
unitedstates
Try Hovercontrol.com
They have a pretty extensive scenery library, including, IIRC, wooden landing platforms. I KNOW they have several sceneries that include such items...

Pat☺

Country
us-virginia
Where can I find a helipad made of wood that you can land on?

That depends.

Since this is a developers site, I initially assumed you are looking for something you can add to scenery you are building. If that is the case you are better off making it yourself. In gMax you can creat a “hard surface” helipad and assign it a “wood” surface. However, that only gives you the properties of a wooden surface. For a nice looking wood helipad I recommend taking a photo of a wood plank fence like people have as privacy fences around lawns or swimming pools, and turn that into a texture.

If you are just looking for scenery that includes wooden helipads, ORBX’s Pacific Northwest scenery includes a number of fire watch towers in Oregon with wooden helipads (if you can get a hold of the scenery’s .kmz file you can see their locations in GoogleEarth) and I believe the Darlington airfield scenery may include one on a mountain somewhere…you would still need the PACNORWEST scenery.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I miss only one, it's made of trees where you can even place where you want. With instant scenery

Country
us-illinois
Hello:

The attached image above is from the download listing for this FS2004 scenery:

http://www.hovercontrol.com/ifolio_files/file_gallery/FS9_Scenery/Logpad.zip

...on this web page:

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin... helipads LZ landing zone&img=36&cat=&bool=or

You can download this package and un-ZIP it, then import the scenery object library BGL into ModelConverterX (aka "MCX") for analysis / learning.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/modelconverterx.87/

It is also possible that you may then discover how to convert it and the hardened "Platform" surfaces linked to AttachPoints on the MDL for your own personal use (not to be distributed to the public) in FSX and/or P3Dv4 MDL format by ensuring you have the appropriate FSX and Prepar3D 4.x SDKs installed for use during output by MCX. ;-)

You may also find that it is 'fun' to make one's own helipad 3D models in ex: Sketchup, and to then use MCX Attached Objects Editor to implement hardened "Platform" landing surfaces linked to AttachPoints on the MDL via the MCX "AutoPlatform" feature. :)

GaryGB

Thank you realy much.

But when I exsport i came the error message like that:

23:45 MDLXWriter Error The decimal character on your machine is not set to dot. This is required for XtoMDL to run, please change it in your Windows Regional settings in the Control Panel.

also after I change it, maybe they need a restart the computer first?

That depends.

Since this is a developers site, I initially assumed you are looking for something you can add to scenery you are building. If that is the case you are better off making it yourself. In gMax you can creat a “hard surface” helipad and assign it a “wood” surface. However, that only gives you the properties of a wooden surface. For a nice looking wood helipad I recommend taking a photo of a wood plank fence like people have as privacy fences around lawns or swimming pools, and turn that into a texture.

If you are just looking for scenery that includes wooden helipads, ORBX’s Pacific Northwest scenery includes a number of fire watch towers in Oregon with wooden helipads (if you can get a hold of the scenery’s .kmz file you can see their locations in GoogleEarth) and I believe the Darlington airfield scenery may include one on a mountain somewhere…you would still need the PACNORWEST scenery.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You mean this one?

https://orbxdirect.com/product/1s2

Country
us-illinois
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/landable-helipad-in-wood.442834/post-802502

Thank you realy much.

But when I exsport i came the error message like that:

23:45 MDLXWriter Error The decimal character on your machine is not set to dot. This is required for XtoMDL to run, please change it in your Windows Regional settings in the Control Panel.

also after I change it, maybe they need a restart the computer first?

If Windows does not update the decimal character immediately after you change it to the "period" character from the "comma" character, and you click [Apply], then [OK] buttons, then you may need to restart Windows to apply that change.

GaryGB

Country
us-california
Hello:

I do not recall if there is a "wooden" helipad in Gary Mills' Finney "Chopper World" set of libraries, but these are excellent 3D models:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.p...uthor=Gary+Mills&DLID=&Sort=Author&ScanMode=0

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Yes, the FS9 Chopper World set does include some wooden towers.

Also, for the FS9 field expedient wood log pads used for firefighting sceneries, you can search Shawn Lund at Hovercontrol and AVSIM, as was mentioned, these are better suited to Instant Scenery placements as they are problematic to place otherwise due to their shape and the fact that they are designed to be placed against a hill, and they did not come with the hardened pads, and therefore included a set of addon invisible hardened pad objects which were positioned by adjusting a visible dummy platform, and then switching to a matched size invisible platform and placing it. I devised the platform set for Shawn and it was also used by many for other purposes of hardening various objects.
I placed dozens of Shawn's log pads in between trees and on steep hills, they are a lot of fun.
If you are an FSX user, Shawn did make a set of the firefighting log pads which were hardened for FSX, but it was never uploaded as I recall, it was by request, so you might drop him a message at Hovercontrol.

Cheers
Gary

When I try to send a PM to Shawn I get this messages:

"You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board"

Iam new one in there forum

Country
us-california
Yes hovercontrol is not quite as busy as it used to be so Shawn may not check in often. I will look around to see if I have it. No guarantee.

Country
us-california
I have contactet him and get the link to this ;-)
Cool deal.
I figured Shawn would hook you up, he is a great guy. I enjoyed his forest fire scenery objects which were very challenging.

Cheers
Gman

Yes He sent me a link to these things, but I did not manage to put them to certain places as I want them, with instant scenery.

cheers
Finn

Country
us-california
Yes He sent me a link to these things, but I did not manage to put them to certain places as I want them, with instant scenery.

cheers
Finn
Hi Finn
What were your issues with placement of the objects?

Gman