• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Landable platform tutorial ?

Country
belgium
Hi,

As I must believe, making a landable platform with Airort for Windows is hopeless old fashion... I decided to try to make such landable platform with GMAX for FSX. Although the results with Airport for Windows are more than satisfying.
I red a lot of topics about this matter, but none is clear explained for me. :(
Hope that someone could make a tutorial with screenies explaining step by step how to proceed. :rolleyes: That would be very helpfull for a lot of designers.

Greetz. José.

Country
belgium
Hi,

A preview of the landable platform I made... :)

Platform.JPG

Greetz. José.

Country
belgium
Hi,

One screenshot has been added to the tutorial, i.e. the use of the Select Tool in order to be sure the designer uses the correct plane during the proces.
Hope this tutorial helps a lot of GMAX users.
The link above is still available of course.

Greetz. José.

Gmax landable platform tut

Hi,

I am afraid I am ignorant when it comes to Gmax, but I want to learn it.
But it took me half an hour to find this tutorial back and only because I knew it was there.
As I said I am ignorant in this respect, it would be nice if even the steps to make the cube are explained in pictures and only then followed by the rest of the tutorial.

Can't we add it to the Wiki?

Country
belgium
Hi,

May I ask to the designers who used this tutorial if everything is correct and goes well. I ask this because someone has doubts about some steps.

Thanks. José.

Country
belgium
Hi,

In the WIKI here is some guidance about basic modeling, link: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Introduction_to_modeling_with_GMax

There was also a tutorial on NL2000 website. The same for other tutorials about building a house (even translated in Dutch). I must have this tutorial somewhere. A lot of GMAX tuts aren't there anymore, pitty.
I will look if I can find these items.

Meanwhile have look at http://homepages.mcb.net/bones//04fs/tutorial/design/GMax_Basics.htm (it's nearly the same guidance you can find in the WIKI). It's also valid for FSX of course. Its' only by trying again and again you can learn... simply do it.

Greetz. José.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have now also put the tutorial on the Wiki, as I have discussed with Jose. Jose thanks for making this tutorial!