P3D v4 Landing light dont illuminate ground blender to p3dv4 ???

I make poly in front landing light and attach effect fx_Landing and visibility general light. I make material to that poly and texture too. In blender I try Z axes to be in direction of light i get exported mdl but i dont get illumination on ground? When Y is in direction of splash light i get error when try export mdl. Is direction of axes crucial for landing light ? I have landing light from aircraft.cfg but no illumination from model:( I try export mdl and get this error:( Any help with this landing light pls :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Hi Bojan.

I do not work with Blender. But one of my P3Dv4 avatars holds a flashlight in his hand. Attached to this flashlight is the landing light (fx_landing.fx). And instead of a plane, I took a cube as an attachment point. This gives you a better orientation, see picture:

EDIT:
This is the full text for the Field "User Defined":

FSXML = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_landing_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect effectName="fx_landing" effectParams="DUSK=1;DAWN=1"/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> </FSMakeMdlData>

Last edited:
BIG Thnks to Christian Bahr :)
I have improvement now :) I get light but my external model is not airplane more :) Its a CUBE :)
I made same model of flashlight in NEW blender file but only with cubes. Big cube is 3d object and little one is light source. I attach effect and visibility to light source. I replace my external model of my airplane only with this 2 cubes and i get light illumination on ground visible from cockpit and external :)))) But when i try to made exactly the same light source on my airplane in HIS blender file i dont get light ????? Where is my mistakes ? Is my blender file with external model bad with axis orientation or ? Because if i made light on 2 cubes in new blender file i get light , but if i made light in my existed airplane blender file i dont get light ???? If i delete in my airplane blender file ALL and make there 2 cubes i dont get light :( Magic is strange here :) Where i wrong ?

Attachments

So, a few questions:

Is the landing light attach point oriented with the Z axis forward, Y axis down, and X axis right?

Does it have the correct attachpoint information?

Does the object have a material applied?

This last one is important, as anything without a material will not get exported in any form, so that could be the problem.

Yes for all questions ... look up i have attach images from blender and you will see axis ,attach-points and materials and textures. All is how it should be and work great when is in new blender project alone. When i try all this in my blender project NO LIGHT :(

When i import my aircraft in blender project where is 2 cubes with lights its working very good and this is one solution. But then problem is i must reanimate all my animation again because i cant import in blender animations from my project , only model with texture and materials:(

Yes for all questions ... look up i have attach images from blender and you will see axis ,attach-points and materials and textures. All is how it should be and work great when is in new blender project alone. When i try all this in my blender project NO LIGHT :(
Huh. That's odd.

Have you tried assigning a new material (no textures, just the default Blender grey) to the attach point? Because in theory, the geometry of the attach point shouldn't render in P3D, so it doesn't matter what it looks like.

And try it with a single triangle face, instead of a cube or plane. That's the last thing I can think of.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Orientation is critical. I'm not familiar with Blender's gizmo, but in GMax and Max both, axis orientation are easy to remember:
  1. Blue - points to the sky
  2. Red - points to right
  3. Green - points forward

Orientation is critical. I'm not familiar with Blender's gizmo, but in GMax and Max both, axis orientation are easy to remember:
  1. Blue - points to the sky
  2. Red - points to right
  3. Green - points forward
Yeah, Blender shares the same XYZ gizmo. And as far as effect orientation goes, the local rotation should have blue (Z) forward, green (Y) down, and red (X) right.