Library creator and xml

Hi.I tried using the above programs to place a bus i designed in gmax at numerous locations around an airport.The follwing is what i done wothout success.

I created the bus model in gmax and generated the .mdl and xml file.

I used library creator to compile a bgl and placed this in my scenery folder.i also used library creator to create a file to be used in sbuilder to place the bus.

I then opened up sbuilder and opened the above file generated in
library creator and successfully placed and compiled a bgl which i again placed in the scenery folder.

i went to the exact location in fs2004 but no objects appeared

Please help.

regards

Terry

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

For your object library part you should take the MDL from GMax and put it into the library BGL as you described (Library Creator XML will make the XML and BGL file for you). After that you should be able to call the objects from other places.

I am not familiar enough with placing objects in SBuilder to say if you have done something wrong there. But I assume you meant the TXT file for SBuilder when you talk about creating a file for SBuilder?

Thanks for the reply arno.Thats what i done and in sbuilder it recongises my objects and i place them and then fly to the location in fs2004 but cannot see them.il try it again this weekend.I have addon scenery turned up the top in fs so i dont know wht they dont show.

Terry

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

If you place the library and the BGL file SBuilder made in the scenery folder of your project then it should work fine. If the object library BGL can not be find for some reason the objects will not sow of course.