• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Library Creator XML v2.0 (alpha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

Here is the first alpha version of the next Library Creator XML release (version 2.0). So if you feel adventurous please try it out :). The main differences compared to the preview Library Creator XML version are:

• Build from scratch in C#, so you need the .NET framework to run it
  • Supports both Fs2004 and FsX libraries
  • Cleaner user interface (hopefully easier to use as well)

To install the alpha version, just extract the ZIP file anywhere you want. The current version should have all basic functionality to create and maintain an object library. But the more advanced features (like exporting in Rwy12 format or as API macro) I still have to add back. For FsX objects the GUID and name that are displayed in the tool are read from the MDL file.

If you have any problems with this new version, please let me know.

Last edited:

lmu

Country
denmark
how to give my object a name in Object placement tool

HI Arno

thanks for your Library Creator XML release (version 2.0) program.

My problem is
i add a test library with one .MDL into FSX's "addon Scenery" folder
and when i open the scenery tap in Object placement tool i see my new object but the name is somthing like "0E5BDF4F2h, 047AD67A0h, 055F1ACA5h, 07D11D11D391h"
can i add a line into my library.xml before i compile my library to .BGL with
your program so i can give my object a name like "blue car"

thanks
LMU

Country
brazil
Library Creator PDF, the Manual

Hi, Arno

Many thanks for the new Library Creator XML.

I've some experience putting objects on FS9 sceneries with other good applications and never used the yours before.

Now, I want to use it to create a library with FSX objects and I'm looking for the Library Creator PDF (Manual) or another document that help me on my firsts steps with Library Creator XML.

Could you help me?

Regards,

José

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

My problem is i add a test library with one .MDL into FSX's "addon Scenery" folder and when i open the scenery tap in Object placement tool i see my new object but the name is somthing like "0E5BDF4F2h, 047AD67A0h, 055F1ACA5h, 07D11D11D391h"
can i add a line into my library.xml before i compile my library to .BGL with
your program so i can give my object a name like "blue car"

At the moment that is not possible. I don't know yet where the mission Object Placement tool gets the names from, so once we know that we can make sure that custom libraries also show the correct names.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Jose,

Now, I want to use it to create a library with FSX objects and I'm looking for the Library Creator PDF (Manual) or another document that help me on my firsts steps with Library Creator XML.

I have not yet written a manual, as this is only an alpha version at the moment. Basically what you have to do to create a new library is:

1. Create a new library XML from the file menu
  2. Add all the MDL objects you wish to add (using the Add button at the bottom of the screen)
  3. Once you have added them all, compile the library BGL from the file menu

Country
germany
Hello Arno!

I tried the new version v2.0 (aöpha) of xour "Library Creator XML", but only with FS9 MDLs.
It works fine, the graphical outlook with the shorter main line is much better in my opinion.
What I miss is the function below the main window where in the old version I could change both the GUID and the path to the MDL.

I am conscious of the fact, that you are not in favour of doing that, but I would deplore, if the absence of this function would be your way of stopping me doing that. Forgive the "Unterstellung".

Sincerely yours

Helli

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Helli,

What I miss is the function below the main window where in the old version I could change both the GUID and the path to the MDL.

To replace a MDL file there is the replace button at the bottom (it should be active if you have selected an object in the tree). This will allow you to select a new MDL file.

I have hidden the GUID on purpose. In the new FsX format it is tied to the MDL object anyway, so you can not change it anymore. And for most users the GUID is also kind of confusing in Fs2004, so I decided to make the process of adding the GUID more hidden (it is determined random when you add a new object).

Country
germany
Arno, thanks for the explanation.

Well, if in FSX you cannot change GUIDs, then of course this function would not make sense.
And for FS9 I get along with the earlier version of Library Creator very nicely.

I have the FSX installed now too - and a new (re)search area begins.
Looking forward to learn from you people!!

Sincerely yours
Helli

Country
australia
Hey Arno,

When I try to Compile the library bgl, I get the following error.......

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click............

Cannot set a value on node type "Element."

Any ideas on whats causing this?

Jon

The details show this;

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set a value on node type 'Element'.
at System.Xml.XmlNode.set_Value(String value)
at Library_Creator_XML.ApplicationConfiguration.setValue(String tag, String value, String attribute, String attributeValue)
at Library_Creator_XML.frmMain.mnuFileCompile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LibraryCreatorXML
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/FSX%20Scenery%20Design/Lib%20Creator/LibraryCreatorXML.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Jon,

It surprised me that there were no errors until now :), but it seems you have found the first official bug. The error report gives me a good idea where it fails, but at the moment I am making some other changes to the program code as well, so I have to finish those before I can debug this problem. But I'll add it to my list.

Does this bug happen all the time you are trying to compile a BGL file? And what kind of XML file is it? An new one you created with Library Creator XML or a current one you loaded?

Country
australia
Thanks Arno.

I created a model in GMAX, assigned a GUID and Friendly name using FSTools, and exported it as a mdl.
Started Library Creator, new library, and added this mdl file. Saved the library and hit create BGL. Thats when the error occurred.
Ive tried it using an old model I made using Gmax for FS9, and same results.

Jon

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
OK, thanks for the information. I'll look into it.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Arno,

I have had the same error message as reported above but only when trying to compile an object with a LIGHT_LOGO material name.

Regards

Kim

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Jon,

No, sorry, I haven't had any time lately to do some more coding on Library Creator XML. Unfortunately some other projects keep me busy.

Country
france
Hi arno !
Thanks for your tool :wave: , I've created FSX libraries without any problems

Is it possible to add command-line argument support so that .XML file can be automatically opened ? For example when choosing "open with" in the explorer, or by simple drag-drop.
Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
That's a good idea, I'll put it on the wishlist :).

Country
spain
Thank you to create for us Library Creator XML v2.0 (alpha)
you have us not well accustomed, jejej

With the old version of Library Creator XML, I believe the file BGL without problems but I have proven to make it with the new Library Creator XML v2.0 (alpha) and it leaves me the following error when pressing Library it Compiles BGL

Parsing document: new.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 2, 110, The attribute 'name' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2952: Attribute 'name' is not allowed in element 'ModelData'!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <ModelData>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <ModelData
ERROR: sourceFile = ..\..\..\..\..\..\gmax\meshes\terminal.mdl
ERROR: name = C2E6804F3C785B4784AFC1F6460BC74
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2453: Model (..\..\..\..\..\..\gmax\meshes\terminal.mdl) is not an FSX scenery model. Please use new tools!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2014: Failed to load model data in file: ..\..\..\..\..\..\gmax\meshes\terminal.mdl
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2149: Failed to load model data! Does the file exist?
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: <ModelData
ERROR: sourceFile = ..\..\..\..\..\..\gmax\meshes\terminal.mdl
ERROR: name = C2E6804F3C785B4784AFC1F6460BC74
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 2!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I think you are mixing some thing up. It seems you are trying to compile a Fs2004 MDL file with the new FsX BGLComp. That does not work. When compiling FsX MDL files you need to use the FsX BGLComp and when compiling Fs2004 MDL files you need to use the FS2004 BGLComp. That is also way you can now select the path to both these compilers in the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.