Library objects manager and thumbnails

How can I fix so all the thumbnails installed will show when adding library objects no matter what .bgl-files are involved? Currently I seem to need to add different thumbnails librarys for different objects/.bgl files in the library objects manager.

Tommy Engman

tgibson

Resource contributor
I'm not sure what you are asking. Most library BGL files added to the LOM will need new Thumbnail images too.

I open LOM. If I browse through the objects of a library file and see no thumbnails I select one of the thumbnail libraries (user or the_big_thumbailpack for example) and save. I can see some thumbnails. And browsing through another .bgl-library I need to select another thumbnail library. Now I see some of these thumbnails, but not the ones of the earlier .bgl-library.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
ADE doesn't create the thumbnails for a library. Some are included with third-party libraries and some in the thumbnail pack. If you add a new library to the LOM then there may not be any thumbnails. You might need to create them yourself. The only connection between ADE and the thumbnails is the object GUID.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Are you just changing the path to the thumbnails in the LOM? That won't work. You need to add new thumbnails to the main thumbnail folder that the LOM points to by default.

Are you just changing the path to the thumbnails in the LOM? That won't work. You need to add new thumbnails to the main thumbnail folder that the LOM points to by default.
Thanks. I have been confused by the different thumbnails libraries I have in ADE after downloading. I have four different libraries that I thought ADE could find if I "connect/relate" the thumbnails library with .bgls. So I guess I just put them all together in a big heap in "Thumbnails"...