• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Lights in Scenery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
germany
I can give you a "roger" on that - without exclude, the effects are there - and also the default scenery :banghead:

Is there anything to take care of when using mall excludes? May the overlap each other, or do I have to put them exactly besides each other?

Edit: @ Rhumbaflappy:Thanks, I will try that, but ... how do I get to know the position of the refpoints of the default scenery????

Last edited:
Country
germany
rhumbaflappy said:
If your exclude is in the same folder as your effects, the new effects in that excluded area will not show.

Do you mean, that if I make just an exclude, make a bgl from it, put it into another scenery-folder (maybe "addon scenery/scenery") it will work?!?

I searched the forum and read about the airport reference point ... I will look for this one, too

Country
germany
I did find the ref. point of the default airport and put a little exlude over it.
Result: No building is gone :mad: :mad: :mad:

Country
germany
Do you mean, that if I make just an exclude, make a bgl from it, put it into another scenery-folder (maybe "addon scenery/scenery") it will work?!?

Can give the answer myself - NOPE! Made an exclude area with ExcBuilder and put it into "addon Scenery/Scenery": The buildings are gone and the effects, too, although I did not check the effects in ExcBuilder :( :mad: :(

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Georg.

Exclude rectangles can overlap... but if they are tiny, it's improbable that they would overlap. You only need to get the refpoint.

What I would do is to start excluding with rectangles that just cover each building. If that works in the sim, then you can try reducing the size of those rectangles until they are small enough to not interfere with your effects.

The refpoint is usually the center of the building.

A point could be made here. Some software wizard could make a tool that would scan an XML file for latitude and longitude references within a rectangular area, and make a list. That list could then serve as a basis for excludes that would nail the refpoints exactly.

Dick

Country
germany
Thanks, Dick, I just found another thread by McFu with the same problem

http://www.scenerydesign.org/forum/showthread.php?t=773

I think I will post there (and here just new problems with my lights ... ;-) )

@ Scorpio: Your Light-Effect looks quite "dark" in my scenery :scratchch
darkLight001.jpg

compared to your Scenery:
post-4-1102005799.jpg

I just used your files - what did I wrong? :confused:

Last edited:
Country
kazakhstan
Hi Georg,

it is strange for me that my example doesn't work. But I never used SGX in my practice. Could you compile my example just with bglcomp.exe?

You can download "Aerodromes of Samara Region" from AVSIM.RU where you will see my effect.

Country
kazakhstan
Hi Georg,
I was busy today with my servers and this is why I answered 50/50. :)

At least you got it working. Probably screenshot is obsolete or in UWWW I put different effect (I have several of them :) ).

Try to change parameters:
Color Start
Color End

instead of 16, 16, 16, ...
put 32, 32, 32, ...

it will became more bright.

After two-three adjustments you will find a proper value for you. Also check it during DUSK, DAWN and foggy weather. The last one is a problem. You will understand what I mean.

Country
germany
Aaaaah - much better :D
I think it's worth the work of creating thousends of exclude boxes on my airport for the effect working :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help!

Country
germany
How do I get a greater radius of the enlighted area? The Radius attribute does not seem to change anything :confused: :confused: :confused:

Country
kazakhstan
Try this:

[Particle.0]
X Scale=10.00, 10.00 -> 25.00, 25.00 (The starting size of the particle in the X, Y, and Z directions. Measured in meters.)

Y Scale=10.00, 10.00 -> 25.00, 25.00 (The starting size of the particle in the X, Y, and Z directions. Measured in meters.)

So, instead of 25.00 put 50.00 or whatever.

Country
germany
@rhumbaflappy

Could you tell me, where the values of bank, pitch and heading are in your code for the spot pointing downward ??
Unfortunately it looks like that when i attach that spot to a gmax model and give the attachpoint a certain bank and pitch, the attached spot doesn´t apply to it.

Country
germany
@rhumbaflappy

disregard my last post. I found the error. Your light does behave like the attachpoint !!

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi

I've just used the 'smallest light ASM code I can make' code found at the start of this thread, and it works great

Code:
db 'R','I','F','F'
dd bgl_data_end - $ - 4
db 'M','D','L','9'

db 'M','D','L','H'
dd visual_model_header_end - $ - 4
dd visual_model_header_end - $ - 4
dd 0
dd 0
dd 2
dd 0
dd 0
dd 156
db 'F','S','8','0'
dd 2304
visual_model_header_end label dword

db 'B','B','O','X'
dd bounding_box_riff_end - $ - 4
real4 -100.000, -100.000, -100.000
real4 100.000, 100.000, 100.000
bounding_box_riff_end label word

db 'E','X','T','E'
dd exterior_riff_end_0 - $ - 4
db 'B','G','L',' '
dd bgl_riff_end_DicksLight - $ - 4
BGL_LIGHT LIGHT_TAXI, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 000FFFFFFh, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
bgl_riff_end_DicksLight label word
exterior_riff_end_0 label word

bgl_data_end label word

I've used it as an attach point and attached it to a box placed next to my Gmax light model.

My question is, is it possible to reduce the brightness of the Light_Taxi light.

Sorry if this has been answered in this thread.

Thanks

Stevo ;)

also is it possible to add the IFIN1 name, 028Ch, 2, 4 line to this code to make the light only show at night?

Last edited:
The 000FFFFFFh hex number in BGL_LIGHT command is RGB intensity. To reduce brightness to about a half of original use 0007F7F7Fh value instead. By using of different values for Red-Green-Blue you can adjust light color. For example 000FF0000h will result pure red light.

IFIN1 conditional branch works just fine.

Country
unitedkingdom
Stranger said:
The 000FFFFFFh hex number in BGL_LIGHT command is RGB intensity. To reduce brightness to about a half of original use 0007F7F7Fh value instead. By using of different values for Red-Green-Blue you can adjust light color. For example 000FF0000h will result pure red light.

IFIN1 conditional branch works just fine.

Hi

I though the hex number was only for the colour of light not the brightness?

If the IFIN1 condition works in the above code, where do I put it?

Thanks

Stevo ;)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The hex number is indeed the color. But by using a gray color instead of white you can also let it look less intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.