• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Limit to stock objects in a scene?

Country
russia
Hello,

I'm creating a scenery of a huge airport with tons of stock objects (about 3200 so far - most of it is clutter).

At one point I noticed that some random objects has started to disappear from the sim - either on scenery load or after moving the camera around. It could be the whole model, or only part of it (cars without wheels etc.).

While in P3D4.3 it was tolerable (a missing car here and there), P3D4.4 has started to remove large and important objects like buildings. FSXSE doesn't remove anything permanently, but many objects are disappearing and reappearing again when I'm moving my camera.

Can anyone please tell me what's causing this, and how to prevent this behavior?

My guess is that this is some kind of limitation of the ESP engine, so I'm leaning towards replacing most of the stock clutter with my own custom models (grouped and heavily LODed). But this will be very time consuming, and I'm not 100% sure it will help.

Last edited:
When I started reading your post, I did think this was due to a draw-call limitation, I do know that there is a limit to the number of triangles per draw-call, so that repeating objects can reach this limit. But this is normally a fixed limit, whereas you mention disappearing objects when moving around. So....
It sounds like the issue here:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...ers-have-you-checked-the-children-yet.444409/
I posted on the Prepar3d forum, and although there seems to be a few people affected, and some of the big developers are aware of it, we are still no closer to a solution.

Country
russia
But this is normally a fixed limit, whereas you mention disappearing objects when moving around.

Disappearance on moving is probably caused by more surrounding objects being loaded & rendered, which overflows the limit.

This is definitely not a P3D4.4 problem - I've seen the same behavior in 4.3, 4.2 and 3.4, and in a much, much simpler scenery. It just got worse in 4.4. Earlier it was mostly cars and other small clutter, now it's completely random.

By saying "some of the big developers are aware of it" - you mean this could happen with custom models too, not just stock stuff?

P.S. I'm using P3Dv3.4 and FSX compilers for all my work. Nothing P3Dv4-specific at all.

Last edited: