• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS List the things wrong with Sim Update v5

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I'm hoping this is a wakeup call for Asobo. The DevMode went from promising to not with this update and the sim itself seems to have broken many things for developers.

List things here that are broken, odd, annoying, or just plain wrong with this update.

I'll start here: The developer camera still reverts to 0.5 speed for no reason at all. I have never set it to 0.5. I always set it to 2.0 This was supposed to be fixed long ago and it still annoys me and wastes time and effort. Please fix this!

Also, why is it if you use the AI pilot you will forever have the AI pilot whenever you go to an airport? Extremely annoying!. You have to turn off all the AI assists in the options menu to get that under control. AI should never control the aircraft unless you specifically turn it on. Every flight.

Effects have tanked as far as I can tell. I had used the a-puf-we-love-vfr-region2 addon to have smokestacks puffing their smoke. but that is broken.

Unreal Weather is broken (used to be a fantastic addon), which leaves me with whatever the default weather gives me.

Pile on the complaints... maybe we'll get some patches to fix this mess.

Country
australia
It looks like WASM gauges are broken. Sort of. I haven't fully tested yet but the sample mouse gauge aircraft shows blank screens for each gauge. My own gauge shows a blank screen but the mouse interaction still works and it still saves data. Although, setting my own aircraft as the default aircraft with the WASM gauge installed causes MSFS to CTD during the initial loading. Other weird effects happen (the mouse control goes nuts in the options menu) if I use that WASM gauge. I suspect the issue is the 2D nvg display code.

There's a new B: type variable. For example: (>B:ELECTRICAL_Battery_#ID#_On) . I suspect these are events for the new input templates in ModelBehaviorDefs (the B probably stands for Binding EventID). This isn't really something wrong but it is new.

The grass has changed. In the two airports I have done they mostly seem to work in MSFS except for the grass aprons which I used to make the grass runway not appear like a wild field. In the new version the grass is a lot longer than it was before.

Country
senegal
Randomly disappearing jetways. Sometime you load an aircraft they show up other times they don't with exact same settings.

Country
russia
Objects disappear if you change the model and export it in real time. For the changes to take effect, you have to restart the simulator. Putting a building in the right place takes forever. An extra window "Build finished" pops up. It is impossible to minimize a folder with a group of objects in the editor.

Last edited:
Country
sweden
The grass has changed. In the two airports I have done they mostly seem to work in MSFS except for the grass aprons which I used to make the grass runway not appear like a wild field. In the new version the grass is a lot longer than it was before.

This one is annoying. I released a small GA field with a grass surface just hours prior to the update and it did look great. Now when I load the same airport in the latest version the grass is almost half a meter tall.
This would probably look great in the wild this is clearly an airport with runways and and apron, they have no reason at all to double/tripple the height like this.

Country
germany
This one is annoying. I released a small GA field with a grass surface just hours prior to the update and it did look great. Now when I load the same airport in the latest version the grass is almost half a meter tall.
This would probably look great in the wild this is clearly an airport with runways and and apron, they have no reason at all to double/tripple the height like this.
I have the same problem with my airport now. The satellite image was bad there, I had huge black patches from tree shadows. So I added some grass texture there.
Before the update there were no grass blades. Now it uses the grass texture and draws alot of blades there. Maybe there is a new setting to shorten the grass.

Also the tree vegetation has changed. I created some broad-leafed tree in my scene and now it is a conifer.

Before
before.jpg

after
after.jpg

Country
us-ohio
Exactly what is the "Microsoft ingestion process"?....I have not seen that one before! Is there a new step I missed?

Country
us-texas
I tried to make a list, but the forum said "too many characters" :eek:

Let's hope a future update comes sooner than later, I for one and am not even going to try the workarounds for this update, there are likely too many needed.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,

Ralph, the link you give ask of "Release Notes - SDK release v0.13.0" so ? I don't understand that you obtain as informations ?

Country
italy
Hi, I no longer see the generated cones as models, they are present as objects in the airport directory but they have become invisible.
After 5 minutes in SDK it goes to CTD
Mah ..... Asobo

Country
unitedstates
Corrupted projected mesh and disappearing jetways are added to this list.
Correct, same here. Projected mesh for already released product is now corrupt and have spent all morning trying to repair with no luck. Hopefully this will simply be taken care of in upcoming SDK update. My issue is that the projected meshes on one project disappear in edit mode. Some of my 3D object models don't even load (visually - in edit mode). Suspected an LOD issue, but they're invisible at all distances. Only way to get them to show is to re-import, but once you move it a bit, it is invisible again.

Furthermore, on another (older) project, everything looks good in edit mode, but only some of the projected meshes textures are all messed up. They look to be flipped or something along those lines.

Hope I'm not alone here ....

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
There is something wrong with how the DevMode finds textures. That might result in objects disappearing while editing, and some of these things show correctly in the final compiled package when placed in the Community folder.

Country
unitedstates
There is something wrong with how the DevMode finds textures. That might result in objects disappearing while editing, and some of these things show correctly in the final compiled package when placed in the Community folder.
Thanks for confirming. Is there any word as to when they'll be releasing the SDK update?

Country
germany
Hopefully soon. I also cant draw any new polygons. usually it was Ctrl and click , but it changed? Also the developer camera is slow, even when putting everything to max settings.
And it crashes more often.

Country
australia
It looks like WASM gauges are broken. Sort of. I haven't fully tested yet but the sample mouse gauge aircraft shows blank screens for each gauge.
And today the same aircraft is working. I have compiled both the sample mouse and gauge aircraft from the SDK v13 a few weeks ago (v14 not available yet) and yesterday the gauges weren't displaying but today they are. I'm going to take the weekend off. This is doing my head in and I need a break from MSFS.

Country
germany
Grouped my Gates, Apron etc. and all groups in a mess now.
When adding a new gate and click the red error button, sim crashs.
Message after build behind error window, no clickable window. Use of Alt F4 to close the error window to click the message.
History of airports are wrong. Last visited airports are now not on the list, but old airports I was flown months ago.
Closing Project and return to main menu to start a new flight leads to CTD.
Sometimes the sim is visible in Task Manager, even I closed the sim before.

Before this update I was lucky to have no CTDs, but now the sim crashed many times in some hours.