• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS List the things wrong with Sim Update v5

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I have also been getting spontaneous CTDs with no addons in the Community at all.

Country
senegal
Yes for almost a year my sim only crashed twice maybe. But just yesterday I had 6 CTDs.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Apparently there is a hotfix coming July 30 at 8 am Pacific time. Maybe some of these issues will be fixed, and perhaps a dozen more will be introduced...

Country
us-california
With all the mentioned above. It seemed like the ground elevation in general was raised, some of my ground details were now (half)invisible.
Also, I think it was when I went to change the version of the package the name of the company disappeared, when I want to type in the name of the company again the letters just disappear and the entire package in the project manager is invisible. I'm afraid to save it so I just close the sim and restarted. managed to get a new updated built though. but it all feels super glitchy and unstable.

Country
australia
There is something wrong with how the DevMode finds textures. That might result in objects disappearing while editing, and some of these things show correctly in the final compiled package when placed in the Community folder.
EDIT : disregard my post below. Turned out to be duplicate texture issue not an SU5 update issue.

I had some Hanger textures messed up and went into Dev mode to fix them. As soon as project is opened in DevMode everything displays perfectly and persists after the project is closed. Restart the SIM and texture problem returns. Tried rebuilding and "ingesting" into Community Folder to no avail. I noticed that all metallic textures were recompiled but not the albedo textures. Just got semi-motivated to finish some stuff after a 5 month hiatus....oh well will wait a few days for the alleged patch before exploring further and reworking models.

Last edited:
Country
italy

From official forum FS2020:

Under
“General Options”
“Traffic”

“Aviation Traffic”
Turn Off “Aircraft Traffic Type”
Turn Off “Show Traffic Nameplates”

“AI and Multiplayer Traffic Detail”
Turn Off “Use GenericPlanes Models(AI Traffic)”
Turn Off “Use Generic Plane models(Multipalayer)”

Had been shutting down after 6 to 8 minutes of starting a flight for 2 days.

Has been running for 40 minutes without CDT so far. 1 1/2 hrs now out and around EGLC maxed out Utra 4K 2D 45 to 50FPS, beautiful detail.

3+ Hours now around London and NYC. Consistent FPS 45 to 50 at 1,000ft in MSFS 172 from JFK to Newark and down Central Park. I say this was MY fix. Now to try my G2.

Others may or may not experience a similar result.

Is a solution for me. Is ok, traffic problems
I work a Longtime and not CTD
OPTIMUM

Last edited:
Country
canada
So for me, everhthing is "fine" in dev mode (if I do my mini work around of loading the airport.xml in the menus first and temporarily kill my MaterialLibs). That being said. Here is whats broken on my export:

1) My custom jetways that where working flawlessly for months are gone on the exported package. Sometimes all, sometimes only few are gone.

2) My calvert approach lights are completely wako and like 100 ft tall

3) My animated Misc Simobject model is just killed, its not even showing, but all fine in dev mode.

4) My exclusion rectangle for parked cars is rendered inop

5) Some small prop items have disappeared, one gone doesnt even have LOD, just always LOD 0.

6) My airport is all pink from far away when it never was b4.

What a mess....i was supposed to launch right after su5 and now who knows :(

Country
unitedkingdom
I'm not clear here... are these issues occurring after you update the SDK, or simply after the download of Sim Update 5 ?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I'm not clear here... are these issues occurring after you update the SDK, or simply after the download of Sim Update 5 ?
The SDK is only examples and instructions. All compiling is done with the MSFS internal compiler.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I 'fixed' the washed-out colors in the sim by using the NVidia control panel. Turned gamma down 20% and turned up color saturation 10%. It looks much better.

It's pretty obvious the problems we have are related to shoe-horning the sim into the XBox. I'm guessing Microsoft held a gun to Asobo's head and told them to do this before the end of July.

Country
italy
I 'fixed' the washed-out colors in the sim by using the NVidia control panel. Turned gamma down 20% and turned up color saturation 10%. It looks much better.

It's pretty obvious the problems we have are related to shoe-horning the sim into the XBox. I'm guessing Microsoft held a gun to Asobo's head and told them to do this before the end of July.
Yes yes yes MS vs ASOBO 🤜

Country
unitedkingdom
but there are no sdk updates
Great -thanks for clarifying that - FWIW I have unusually complex custom HTML/JS gauges (~5,000 lines of code) and they seem to have survived Update 5 ok. I'm aware the Fly-By-Wire guys have had issues with their cockpit interaction but I'm not sure if that's HTML/JS or ModelBehaviour issues.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Just messaging to follow up on my report in the other thread. As I'd suspected, after I cleaned my scenery project and then rebuilt it with the latest update, all my models show as expected, right down to the issue of one of my animated flags returning to "half mast," probably it's state at the last save. The orthophoto CGL is still being overridden by default, presumably they are so proud of their latest conversion, we're compelled to sample theirs, toward the goal of having the Xbox hoard join our consumer base.

I am maintaining optimism that that glitch and others will be addressed in about 1:43 hours and counting.

Country
italy
Hi, I had a new problem with the last update to the sim: during a flight the sim froze for over a minute, then it started working normally again.
Another problem I encountered: you can no longer see the percentages of the throttle (liners or GA), flaps, etc. by pointing the mouse over these objects in the cockpit.
Thank you

Country
italy
Hello . In the sdk I found dots instead of groups, they are incomprehensible symbols, they resemble moon phases.
Does anyone know maybe explain how they work or is it an ASOBO joke?
Hello

Attachments

• WHAT ARE.jpg
    WHAT ARE.jpg
    726.3 KB · Views: 101

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Not directly development related, but kind of.. The drone camera slowly tilts to the left now, so after a few minutes of use, your view is tilted at about 45+ degrees.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Hello . In the sdk I found dots instead of groups, they are incomprehensible symbols, they resemble moon phases.
Does anyone know maybe explain how they work or is it an ASOBO joke?
Hello
Clicking those display/hide that element in the scene.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Something else: was checking out one of my heliports and noticed some of the autogen buildings nearby are defying physics..
These buildings can be found around south Florida. Maybe someone else can confirm if they see anything similar around their projects..

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.30 - 10.56.05.24.png

Country
unitedkingdom
The clouds look like oil paintings with everything on Ultra. My jaw dropped when I first loaded the "sim" when it was released, it looked incredible. Now it is just...meh.
Ground effect is still way too strong and seems to multiple sensitivity by a massive amount

What I'm thinking is, how can there be a solid 3rd party developer community for MSFS if it updates as frequent as it has been and the fact all these updates seem to be changing major game mechanics - hence we are stuck in this loop of update>fix>update>fix - I wish they would leave the eye candy stuff and focus purely on the mechanics of the sim, even if they released these every day, I wouldn't care because I know things are actually being fixed. At this current rate, the sim or add-ons will never be stable.