• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Little Navmap flight planner - beta released

Country
unitedstates
Hi Alex,

Greatly appreciate all you have done with this "little" (LOL) program which has now become an essential...

Just wondering if in your long term goals you plan on adding weather to the map view (NEXRAD, METAR, Flight Rules, Winds, etc) ?

Thanks for all you do...

Regards,
Scott

Country
germany
Hi Scott,
X-Plane support took quite some time to finish. Next is Navigraph which should not take that long.

I have no concrete plans for weather overlays yet. The first task would be to add weather icons similar to to the Skyvector ones to the available stations. Wind overlays for the Hifi programs or from NOAA would be nice too.
I have to see how I can prioritize all that.
The next version 1.8 will be probably Navigraph plus a few enhancements. The 2.0 should get some more new features.

Best regards,
Alex

Country
germany
Version 1.6.7 update released

In parallel I'm working on 1.8.
default_smile.png

Changes from Release 1.6.6 to 1.6.7
Improvements
  • French translation by Patrick JUNG alias Patbest.
  • Added TXT flight plan format usable by JARDesign or Rotate Simulations aircraft.
  • Added adjustable limitation for maximum points of aircraft track.
  • Flight plan GPX export saves procedure points and altitude for route points now.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed problem where procedures were assigned to the wrong runway in search window.
  • "No runway" filter is now back in procedure search.
  • Fixed errors in ATS route string generation where a DCT was inserted after SID or before STAR statement creating invalid routes.
  • Fixed problem where X-Plane basepath was not found as Save as or Export default path.
  • Fixed exception when compiling new TACAN approach in P3D version 4.1.
  • Fixes for translation support.
  • Fixed crash after startup when airport procedures changed.
  • Fixed problem with gap on map display and wrong distance calculation for SIDs starting with an initial fix.
  • Fixed error where loading FMS flight plans can result in a missing flight plan line in elevation profile.

Country
unitedkingdom
Fantas
I just released an update. See here for announcement.

A Navigraph database cycle 1707 comes with the program and starting with the next cycle 1713 on December 7th you can get updates from Navigraph.

Fantastic work Alex.
Unfortunately it installed in French - on my Mac. Is there a way to swap languages?

Great work though,
Jim

EDIT:
All done now via the Preferences window - "I read the manual!"
Great little program.
Thanks

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Jim,
you can switch back to English in the options dialog on the tab "startup".
Alex

All done Alex - Thanks.

However, a brief navigation through the UI brings this repetitive error window. I have to Force Quit the app to make it stop.
I managed to grab screen grab of it for you which I attach,

Cheers,
Jim

Country
germany
Uh oh.

Can you type "echo $LANG" on a terminal and show me the output here. For a German macOS this is "de_DE.UTF-8" for example.

Then: You can try to delete the translation files .../Little Navmap/translations/atools_fr.qm and littlenavmap_fr.qm

Or: Rename or delete the settings directory to start with a clean setup. /Users/YOURUSERNAME/.config/ABarthel

If all fails you can send the log files which are linked in the about dialog. My email is on my home page.

Edit: What macOS? Sierra or High Sierra?

Alex

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi
Uh oh.

Can you type "echo $LANG" on a terminal and show me the output here. For a German macOS this is "de_DE.UTF-8" for example.

Then: You can try to delete the translation files .../Little Navmap/translations/atools_fr.qm and littlenavmap_fr.qm

Or: Rename or delete the settings directory to start with a clean setup. /Users/YOURUSERNAME/.config/ABarthel

If all fails you can send the log files which are linked in the about dialog. My email is on my home page.

Edit: What macOS? Sierra or High Sierra?

Alex
Alex,

I get en_GB. UTF-8

Country
unitedkingdom
All is displayed in English now.

The error window is appearing whenever I click Preferences or select an item in the contextual menu such as "Show Procedures"

Country
unitedkingdom
Then it should really not start in French. Looks like something is seriously wrong in the language detection. Have to check.

Did you already load the scenery database?

Alex

Yep, I copied over the generated databases from my windows machine - FSX machine - (which I also updated to 1.8.2 this morning).

Country
unitedkingdom
I should add that I have tried temporarily removing the databases to see if that stops the Error but it does not.

Country
germany
Aaargh. I cannot reproduce this here in macOS Sierra. Neither the crashes nor the wrong language even with your LANG settings.
Can you run the program on the terminal like "Little\ Navmap.app/Contents/MacOS/littlenavmap >lnm.log 2>&1" and send the me the file lnm.log per email?
Alex

Edit: Email address is on my home page.

Country
unitedkingdom
Aaargh. I cannot reproduce this here in macOS Sierra. Neither the crashes nor the wrong language even with your LANG settings.
Can you run the program on the terminal like "Little\ Navmap.app/Contents/MacOS/littlenavmap >lnm.log 2>&1" and send the me the file lnm.log per email?
Alex

Edit: Email address is on my home page.
One thing to note Alex;
The error messages ONLY started happening AFTER I successfully changed the language from FR to EN. Before that? - no Errors.

Country
unitedkingdom
I'm not very conversant with Terminal bit if you give me the exact line to put in there I'll do it and send you the log.

Could you also tell me which folders to delete so I can go back to the previous version for now.
Thanks.
Keep up the good work!
Jim

Country
germany
Can you tell me the exact location where LNM is installed?
Or, even better move the Little Navmap app to the Desktop. Then, in the terminal:

cd Desktop

Little\ Navmap.app/Contents/MacOS/littlenavmap >lnm.log 2>&1

Copy and paste the command lines above so spaces, backslashes and all is correct.
This will place a file "lnm.log" on the desktop.

To get rid of the settings: Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder -> ".config"
You will find a folder ABarthel there which you can delete to revert all settings and databases.

To get rid of the French language: Finder -> Right Click on Little Navmap -> Show Package Contents
Then go to the Contents/MacOS folder. There is a littlenavmap_fr.qm which contains the translations. Delete this file.

Alex