• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Little Navmap flight planner - beta released

Country
germany
Hi Jim,

thank you for the log files.
Now I see the problem. I should have asked earlier:

product name "OS X Mavericks (10.9)" type "osx" version "10.9"

Sorry, LNM doesn't do well on Mavericks. I'd recommend to update at least to Yosemite or El Capitan.

Alex

Country
china
Your project is awesome, but I found a problem importing one addon airport. It doesn't matter so much but it would be better if you can help me.

Last edited:
Country
azerbaijan
Alex,

Finally full Navigraph integration is possible! Thank you very much for this option!!!
However, I've noticed an issue with saving PLN files after adding airport procedures to the flight plan. LNM inserts the names of relevant procedures into PLN as comments in green (I guess for internal parsing) and shows them accordingly in UI but it doesn't save them in PLN format (xml) as waypoints.
Is it possible to somehow make the procedure legs available in PLN format as well?
It will be useful particularly for adding the flight plan in FSX planner to make it visible in GPS.

Thanks!

Country
germany
Hi Rustam,

I save the procedure information in the PLN files for LNM only (as XML comments). Most other programs and the simulators ignore this information and it allows me to rebuild the procedures when loading a plan.

I could save all the procedure points as it is already done in the GPX format but it will never be a good reproduction of a procedure. Think of holds, procedure turns and all these bows, turns, hooks and arcs which cannot be modeled by just adding the waypoints.

Also, most add-on GPS, FMS and all the X-Plane units can already load the procedures from some flight plan formats directly without adding the points. If not you can add them manually in the GPS which will give you a much better depiction than any points I export.

I consider this as an export option in the future but I'm not really sure if it is useful.

Alex

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Can there be an option in future versions to save a flight plan using the default FSX flight planner naming scheme, i.e. "[IFR/VFR] [Departure airport name] to [Destination airport name].pln"?
Maybe settable from the options dialog to avoid cluttering the "File" menu.

The FMC used by the FD-FMC A320 can't save any changes to the flight plan if it contains ICAO codes and renaming the flight plan files each and every time is a bit annoying.

Country
germany
I can add an option in the next version 2.0 to use short names as default like EDDF-EDDM.pln opposed to the long name. PLN files are the only ones anyway that use the long names. All others file formats use the idents.
Alex

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I can add an option in the next version 2.0 to use short names as default like EDDF-EDDM.pln opposed to the long name. PLN files are the only ones anyway that use the long names. All others file formats use the idents.

Default flight plan export names only contain the airport names, not the ICAOs, e.g. "VFR Bangor Intl to Banning Mun.PLN".

An ideal solution would be kind of a save file name generation field in the option settings (using placeholders), just as used by some music file management and tagging tools. Something like:
"[Flight plan type] [Departure Name] ([Departure ICAO]) to [Destination name] ([Dest. ICAO])_[FPlanDate].pln"
Users may then pick the elements they want in the saved filename and that should make everybody happy.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Yeah, it's a pretty much essential tool, especially to replace X-Plane's very basic map.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hey Alex, I'm getting a 403 error from Magenta Cloud when trying to download 2.0.3RC2.

Country
france
Hey, I just adopted LNM, it is amesome.
I have some questions tho:

1) Why the terrain mesh isn't shown on North and South? I installed the Global mesh for LNM, but still nothing for North/South

2) How to add precedures to airports? I mean, there are Charts for Airports but the LNM don't have them (Mainling has nothing at all) , same for special approach such as Circle to Land and other (Gimhae, Innsbruck, Paro, Samos), they are Incompletes or non existant. However Im really suprised how complete it is for the other airports (Santos Dumont, Vagar, Toncontin, Washington DC etc)

Thank you for LNM :)

Marc L

Country
germany
Hi Marc,

1) Why the terrain mesh isn't shown on North and South? I installed the Global mesh for LNM, but still nothing for North/South
GLOBAL is only for the elevation profile and altitude display in the status bar. Hillshading data comes from an open server and that has known limitations and bugs. You can use another map theme which includes worldwide hillshading like the StamenTerrain or OpenTopoMap.

2) How to add precedures to airports? I mean, there are Charts for Airports but the LNM don't have them (Mainling has nothing at all) , same for special approach such as Circle to Land and other (Gimhae, Innsbruck, Paro, Samos), they are Incompletes or non existant. However Im really suprised how complete it is for the other airports (Santos Dumont, Vagar, Toncontin, Washington DC etc)

You can use ADE, add them to the airport and then switch off Navigraph in the scenery library menu. LNM will read the procedures from your add-on airport. You can use these like all other procedures.

Alex