P3D v4 lock up with p3d and ade

my ade when connected to p3d works for a few minutes (move aircraft to here stuff) then suddenly it no longer works. I have to shut down p3d and start it up again.

My FUSIPC for P3D 4 is ver 5. something. I also have FSX still and its FUSIPC is4.9.7.1 something. These shouldn't conflict with each other should they, being different dll's?

Norvin- I open ADE and choose P3D choice to do so. Then open P3D (actually either one first works). when I get to the scenery I want (let's say - top down) - I go to ADE and auto connect; then to orient ADE with P3D4 I lock then unlock.

so far all is well. I work for a few minutes and whammo! lock up city!

so.... everything freezes. can't move anything in ade. I move my airplane in P3d but the crosshairs in ADE does not move. …. even though I am connected. To clear this I have to usually task manager ADE , and/or shut down P3D and restart everything. Then I am ok for a short time.

so.... everything freezes. can't move anything in ade. I move my airplane in P3d but the crosshairs in ADE does not move. …. even though I am connected. To clear this I have to usually task manager ADE , and/or shut down P3D and restart everything. Then I am ok for a short time.
How long did you wait after this freeze? On my old laptop ADE was freezing for about 30 seconds after a while.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
If you emailed me the log as requested in post #12 above then I did not receive it. If you sent it through the ADE log system then it will be in a queue for processing. Please send me the log by email as originally requested - jon AT scruffyduck DOT org

Gee Bob,

I cannot help you at the moment because I am out of the country and do not have the means to try and duplicate your problem. The only thing I can tell you is that I did not have the same problems with P3Dv4.3 and ADE on Windows 7.
But since you helped me out a couple of times, I cannot believe that you will not figure it out by yourself before I wil be able to do it (or not:)).
Unless of course it is a bug in ADE that only shows up when you follow a certain 'way of doing things' that has not been taken into consideration?
You are still rather reluctant telling us what exactly you do as I asked you some concrete questions like: "Do you load an FSX scenery? If you do, have you tried to compile it first as a P3D one and then load it again in ADE? " but I never got a satisfactory answer to it.
Maybe be a little less concise?

Cheers,

Roby

Roby-m What's the matter. I am not reluctant to do anything! This happens whether I load an FSX scenery or create a new one or work on a default one. I have been as precise as I can. Step one- again.... p3d is running. step two- again, Ade is running. Step 3 again, as example making an apron or taxiway or the such. (btw -yes- connected and unlocked) , step 4. move mouse in p3d4 I see my red crosshairs in ADE moving. so far … so good. step 5. continue this procedure moving mouse, then in ade continue to draw the apron line.... After a few moments ( about a minute) my mouse in ADE did not move. Even 'move aircraft to here' does not work. I have to shut down p3d4.3 and restart. Then this whole thing starts over again. This will happen if I am using move aircraft to here function too. In other words it seems like I lose the connection. My FSUIPC is the latest 5.1. something.

I just sent the log again to Jon by email. But my question here is... should I wait until this all happens again, THEN resend a log? Bob

Sh.t!! Sorry. It should haved been a private message:oops:.
Crosshairs??? Maybe that one is the culprit? Try a default P3D aircraft in upside down view?
And you still did not answer my question in as far as I asked you to save as a P3Dv4 project file before doing any changes to it and then load it as a P3Dv4 scenery (maybe I have been too concise that time earlier on).

Last edited: