• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 lock up with p3d and ade

Country
us-washington
my ade when connected to p3d works for a few minutes (move aircraft to here stuff) then suddenly it no longer works. I have to shut down p3d and start it up again.

My FUSIPC for P3D 4 is ver 5. something. I also have FSX still and its FUSIPC is4.9.7.1 something. These shouldn't conflict with each other should they, being different dll's?

Country
us-washington
Norvin- I open ADE and choose P3D choice to do so. Then open P3D (actually either one first works). when I get to the scenery I want (let's say - top down) - I go to ADE and auto connect; then to orient ADE with P3D4 I lock then unlock.

so far all is well. I work for a few minutes and whammo! lock up city!

Do you load an FSX scenery? If you do, have you tried to compile it first as a P3D one and then load it again in ADE?

Country
us-washington
so.... everything freezes. can't move anything in ade. I move my airplane in P3d but the crosshairs in ADE does not move. …. even though I am connected. To clear this I have to usually task manager ADE , and/or shut down P3D and restart everything. Then I am ok for a short time.

Country
unitedkingdom
so.... everything freezes. can't move anything in ade. I move my airplane in P3d but the crosshairs in ADE does not move. …. even though I am connected. To clear this I have to usually task manager ADE , and/or shut down P3D and restart everything. Then I am ok for a short time.
How long did you wait after this freeze? On my old laptop ADE was freezing for about 30 seconds after a while.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If you emailed me the log as requested in post #12 above then I did not receive it. If you sent it through the ADE log system then it will be in a queue for processing. Please send me the log by email as originally requested - jon AT scruffyduck DOT org

Gee Bob,

I cannot help you at the moment because I am out of the country and do not have the means to try and duplicate your problem. The only thing I can tell you is that I did not have the same problems with P3Dv4.3 and ADE on Windows 7.
But since you helped me out a couple of times, I cannot believe that you will not figure it out by yourself before I wil be able to do it (or not:)).
Unless of course it is a bug in ADE that only shows up when you follow a certain 'way of doing things' that has not been taken into consideration?
You are still rather reluctant telling us what exactly you do as I asked you some concrete questions like: "Do you load an FSX scenery? If you do, have you tried to compile it first as a P3D one and then load it again in ADE? " but I never got a satisfactory answer to it.
Maybe be a little less concise?

Cheers,

Roby

Country
us-washington
Roby-m What's the matter. I am not reluctant to do anything! This happens whether I load an FSX scenery or create a new one or work on a default one. I have been as precise as I can. Step one- again.... p3d is running. step two- again, Ade is running. Step 3 again, as example making an apron or taxiway or the such. (btw -yes- connected and unlocked) , step 4. move mouse in p3d4 I see my red crosshairs in ADE moving. so far … so good. step 5. continue this procedure moving mouse, then in ade continue to draw the apron line.... After a few moments ( about a minute) my mouse in ADE did not move. Even 'move aircraft to here' does not work. I have to shut down p3d4.3 and restart. Then this whole thing starts over again. This will happen if I am using move aircraft to here function too. In other words it seems like I lose the connection. My FSUIPC is the latest 5.1. something.

I just sent the log again to Jon by email. But my question here is... should I wait until this all happens again, THEN resend a log? Bob

Sh.t!! Sorry. It should haved been a private message:oops:.
Crosshairs??? Maybe that one is the culprit? Try a default P3D aircraft in upside down view?
And you still did not answer my question in as far as I asked you to save as a P3Dv4 project file before doing any changes to it and then load it as a P3Dv4 scenery (maybe I have been too concise that time earlier on).

Last edited: