• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 lock up with p3d and ade

Country
us-washington
I will try 3 different approaches and see what happens. All this could be just MY computer!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry I didn't receive any email from you

GHD

Country
england
When connected to P3D, select slew mode at the slowest simulation rate and "Top-down" view.

In ADE, click on the "Connect" button.

Cllick on the P3D screen and move the aircraft using the joystick or yoke.

Do you see the red numbers changing on the ADE page?

Country
us-washington
I did send by email but by the ADE log window will send again.

Yes- in slew and 1/4 speed. numbers do change and crosshairs move. I will check the next time it freezes... I will look for those red numbers changing at the same time.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - I have the logs now. This is not much comfort but I am seeing that ADE is struggling to make a connection to the Sim:

1544694525204.png

If ADE takes longer than one second to make a connection then it records that in the log. I have seen a lot of cases of the sim becoming sluggish and they all show the connection time as an issue. This appears in the log for a bit and then can be gone for a while.

The bad news is that ADE does not provide any information about why since it is looking at the timing of an external process. You can try turning off the auto connect feature of ADE which should stop it trying on startup. You can then manually connect when needed.

Sorry I can't be of more help

Country
us-washington
Thank you, Jon. If you or anyone hear of some possible reasons why this is happening, let me know. It might be something I my own computer too, ya never know! Again thank and all for the help. bob

Country
us-washington
Jon, Roby- I think I am on to something! I just spent a good deal of time in FSX, using ADE (FSX mode) - I used move aircraft to here many, many times, made roads, taxiways, aprons, etc for about 3 or 4 times as long as in P3D. No lock ups!!!.

This points suspiciously to P3D installation of mine.... maybe. Also- a good question..... Why is it I can see ADE staying on top in view while I move my plane with my joystick in FSX; but in P3D ADE disappears when I move over to P3D to move my plane? In fact …….. in FSX I don't even have to click on FSX to move my plane around.... I just move it with my joystick.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not really able to answer your question Bob but maybe someone else can

Country
us-washington
One more bit of info...………. My ADE 175 is on D drive in a folder called ADE. My P3D4.3 in in d drive but in Program files folder. could this cause problems?

Country
france
From various flightsim related forums I read, it is highly recommended to install FSX, P3D, etc... OUTSIDE of the windows standard folders like Program Files (x86) or Program Files, as with the latest Windows versions, the OS is controlling user's rights on read, write, or amend operations more than previous versions (as far as I could understand...).
My P3D is installed straight at the root of my F drive, straight in a "Prepar3D v4" folder (to get path to the simulator as short as possible).
I installed all my flightsimming related softwares outside of the Windows Program Files (x86 or not), and further run them as administrator (but I am the sole user of my PC, and assume I know what I am doing....) ;)
So, when/if you have to reinstall P3D, this could be a possible alternative...

Country
switzerland
You may also have to consider the fact that some processes occupy a lot of CPU-time. I had some Problems with Saitek-devices and other Programs which run outside of Flightsimulator but were used by Flightsimulator.
I installed a Software which is called "Process Lasso" available from here:

https://bitsum.com/

I did assign priorities and other Parameters to the different processes and since I dont have any Problems anymore! Flightsimulator now runs smooth together with other processes.
Perhaps sometimes you need also to stop other processes from running, Flightsimulator should have as much of processing time available as possible.
I have found years ago a program called "Processkiller" to automate the stopping of unnecessary processes. You should google for it!

Country
us-washington
ISSUE SOLVED! I seemed to be running fsuipc5. I took that out and found fsuipc 510.zip. downloaded, unzipped installed. works great now! Just wanted to report in for the benefit of others.