FS2004 LOD & Distance to RefPoint

Hi, i'm trying to add the "Distance to RefPoint" condition to a mdl with Lod_100 and Lod_020

When displaying in FS9 the LOD_100 model responds to the Distance to RefPoint condition but it is rotated 90 degrees. The LOD_020 model is placed in its original heading but does not dissapear at the desired distance, it remains visible.

The mdl was created in gmax. It has only 2 objects (LOD_100 and LOD_020). Converted with makemdl FS9 and intagrated to a library with Library creator.

any help? thanks!!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I would expect the distance to refpoint condition would cover both of the LODs, but it seems that is not the case.

But why do you want to add such a condition when you already have LODs? In that case you could better add an empty LOD to let the object disappear.

Hi, thanks for the answer! i want the object to dissapear at certain distance, and using LODs the minimum model i can use is a triangle, but it is still a polygon, and it has to be drawn by FS, is there a way to create a really empty LOD with the FS9 makemdl?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Yes, you need to add an dummy node with the right name for the LOD you want. In FS2004 that works.

ok

The node was the trick, i didn't know it was possible, thanks for the help, the tip is tested and working great!!! thanks!