• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Looking for a co-developer to finalize Zenith 701 project. (P3D/FSX)

Country
unitedstates
Hello fellow 3rd party dev's! Im looking for someone to help me finish off a great little project so I can get it on the market. I need someone to animate the gauges, connect the GPS to the sim, FM work and sounds. I have all the art assets ready with animations and I recorded all the sounds from the actual aircraft, but I just need someone to finalize it.

Its a paid job, either % or flat rate and a fun little project!

A little bit of my background. I have been in sim aircraft development since 2001 working directly with Oleg Maddox on IL2 Sturmovik and have worked on hundreds of 3rd party aircraft since as an artist for many well known developers. I also worked at Microsoft on the FS11 team before it was disbanded. I came back and worked on MS Flight (Hay, at least my models were good!) doing the Icon A5, Stearman and RV6 models. I have mostly been an artist for other 3rd party groups, but wanted to my own project. Now I need help finishing it.

If your interested, please PM me here for more details. I also have other projects that I wish to update to the new PBR shaders and possible future projects.

Some eye candy. This aircraft will be fully PBR compatible for P3D 4.4

zenith_701_36.jpg zenith_701_27.jpg

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
Just out of curiosity, where are you getting stuck on gauge animation?

Country
unitedstates
Just out of curiosity, where are you getting stuck on gauge animation?

Mainly its the animation tagging and proper keys needed. Like the artificial horizon. I may be able to crack open some old files that people worked on for me and reverse engineer how its done. I know how to animate things in Max just fine, but you need to do the keys and animation tagging a very specific way to work properly. I already have all the control surfaces, wheels, props, and even the flex strut on the landing gear animated and working properly in sim, but the gauges are a pain for me.

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
Its not all that hard actually but then again I am a programmer not an artist so I tend to be OCD about instrument calibration by nature...

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
It is very likely that nearly all the needed animation scripts are already present in the default modeldef.xml file. The real challenge is knowing what they are called so you can find them! :scratchch

Country
us-arizona
Mainly its the animation tagging and proper keys needed. Like the artificial horizon. I may be able to crack open some old files that people worked on for me and reverse engineer how its done. I know how to animate things in Max just fine, but you need to do the keys and animation tagging a very specific way to work properly. I already have all the control surfaces, wheels, props, and even the flex strut on the landing gear animated and working properly in sim, but the gauges are a pain for me.

Beautiful work, Gibbage!