• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Looking for Testers for Automated Synthetic ILS Project

Country
us-nebraska
I have modified Karol Chlebowski Synthetic ILS (AILA) gauge with his permission to include automated ILS, Approach, Landing, and Takeoff capabilities. I developed it on P3DV4 but it works fine for me on both P3D and FSXA. One individual who was testing for me has issues with the automated ILS on FSX that I cannot reproduce.

Before I release it as freeware would like to find out if others have the same problem on FSX or other platforms and if there may be other issues that I need to resolve before release. I would appreciate any help.

Bill

Country
us-districtofcolumbia
Can't wait to see how your project turns out … I use the tool now in a couple of my planes .. if you need me to test I volunteer as tribute

Country
us-nebraska
Thanks so much for volunteering. Karol's gauges are fabulous to say the least. Will bundle a package with the modified xml file and some instructions for you. It should be very easy for you since you are using it already.

Bill

Country
us-nebraska
Madhouse and Edi

I have attached files necessary to test my modifications to Karol's Synthetic ILS. If you already have Karol's version installed you will need to copy my test1_DAT37.xml file to your existing ILS_MFD folder and modify the panel.cfg file with the new name. Otherwise follow the Readme Installation Instructions.

If others want to participate in the testing then go for it. The more the merrier. Please let me know of your results or any issues found.

Thanks,

Bill

Attachments

• Sync ILS Test Files.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 193
Country
austria
Bill,
thanks for the upload!
I was just interested to see how you did the ILS glidepath and LOC. But i am using (A:HSI CDI NEEDLE,number) and (A:HSI GSI NEEDLE,number).
So different solutions.
But you are really "Synthetic".

by accident

Code:
line 1369

0.8 5.0 (L:DistanceRwyPos,nmiles) (L:DiffGSangle,degrees) 0.9 > and        ..... rng is missing

line 1386

if{ (L:DescentSpeed, enum) 1500 + (@SetSpdVarEng) }-->     ...... --> too much
Edi

Country
us-nebraska
Hi Edi,

Thanks for finding my omission of rng. You are probably correct that 1500 + is excessive.

Would be interested in seeing your solution.

I appreciate your input very much.

Bill

Country
austria
Bill,
i don't mean "1500" what is also too much.
There i s an extra "-->" at the end of the line. Doesn't hurt, but to make it proper;)

Btw Glen Copeland did a SALS "Satellite Assisted Landing System" years ago. I don't use it, but nevertheless interesting to see how other do it.
But no autopilot support.

Tomorrow i will post an excerpt.

Edi

Attachments

• salsv9.zip
    222.5 KB · Views: 152
Country
us-nebraska
Edi,
Guess I misunderstood about the 1500. I removed the -->. I probably had the area commented out at one time and forgot to delete.

Funny you mentioned the SAL. That's where I did my first automatic glideslope and glidepath project. When I could never reach Glen for permission to publish it was about the time Karol released his Synthetic ILS. I applied the same methodology to it that I used in the SAL.

Bill

Country
austria
Bill,
here you can see how i calculated the descend speed using HSI GSI.

Attachments

• GS-Calc.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 232
Country
us-nebraska
Edi,

Very Interesting. A much more elegant solution than mine and most likely more accurate. I would have never thought of attacking it that way.

Country
austria
Yes, Bill,
it is rather stable. But some tweaking could be done.
The probleme is that there a only 100 steps possible.