• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Looping Sounds Briefly Pause When Opening a Panel with Doug Dawson's Sound Gauge

Country
us-kentucky
Hi all,

Exactly as the title says, I am using Doug Dawson's sound gauge to play custom sounds in my 747. Every time I open up a different 2D panel window (does not matter which), there is a slight pause in sound that is looping before it plays normally again. This is not a huge issue but is annoying and I would like to know if there is a way to rectify this.

Right now the only sounds I have that loop are the takeoff warning horn and the sound of the trim wheel tickers. Both of these sounds will pause for maybe a 1/10th or so of a second when a new panel window is opened. Both sounds are triggered by their own gauge which contains any aural warnings that need to play regardless of whether that panel has been loaded yet or not. The aural warning gauge is loaded with the main 2D panel of the aircraft under the Window00 section of my panel cfg.

I'm sure this issue will be especially annoying when I employ sounds such as the air conditioning packs or electrics running...

Thanks!
Chris

Country
austria
Startet the "old" Fs9. It's the same!

In P3DV5 it works proper!

Maybe it was already discuss here in forum. Long time ago! Can't remember.
So search the forum.

Country
us-kentucky
Thanks for your reply.

I am not using P3Dv5 or anything other than FS9 and currently I have no intention of changing that any time soon.

I have searched the forum with numerous keywords and haven't yet come across the same issue, but there is the chance I have missed the "right" thread.