• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Loss of aircraft textures (C172)

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi all. New to forums although have read many. Have had no problems with fs2004 but FSX is defeating me. I am losing the textures on my Cessna 172, the red and gold is totally missing, while the others only show at the highest detail levels (aircraft and Global Textures) I have looked at file fsx.cfg and cannot see any obvious parameters. Other aircraft seem to be OK although again blurred at lower quality settings. Screenshots attached shot cessna and an Orbit texture displaying at the same internal settings.

I have applied the FPS fixes on autogen etc.

Incidentally 'out of the box' the aircraft textures were blurred.

Kit AMD 3800+ 2 core overclocked @ 2.5GHz, 2Gb DDR2 @667 MHz, 256Mb NVIDIA 6800 XT Video card.

Any thoughts as to where I should look?
Thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• orbittexture error.jpg
    orbittexture error.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 665
  • cessnatextureissue.jpg
    cessnatextureissue.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I see the same problem at the Cessna here. But when I look at the texture of the red/gold livery it seems quite white in there as well. So I think it is more a problem of the texture itself and not of loading it.

Country
unitedkingdom
yes but...

Arno,
Thanks for following this up. It also happens to the other 172's now the screen shot was of a theoretically more coloured version. I first noticed on the red and gold one, the others had shown up before, but now they have vanished.:mad:

I am looking to do a second re-installation to ensure that all settings are OK, or at least 'normal'

Cheers

Country
unitedkingdom
So it is a bug somewhere...

Ghostrider.

Thanks for that last post and the blog link.
It has re-assured me that I was not going mad or had done something silly somewhere.
Incidentally they have returned, (excepting the blank one of course)although what I did to achieve this is a mystery, I was just playing with settings when, one by one the live textures re-appeared, although not together some were blank until re-visited later, and after this the 'rotating image' in the details customisation area textured OK

All Aircraft settings are maxed out to get some decent level of quality, and using 1280x1024x32. I had wondered if 16 bit resolution was an issue, did not seem to be but quality seemed worse. On switching between 16 and 32 the miracle happened.

Thanks for your time. I will await patch 10.1:D

Charlie

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Ps

I had thought that as the plane was parked at Liverpool that someone had stolen the paint overnight :D

Country
unitedkingdom
Further investigation (ongoing)

Since reading the blog provised by 'ghostrider' I have tried a few experiments. I renamed the texture folder to texture.5 and pointed the aircraft.cfg section to this. White was still white as expected. I then opened another variant and except for the windows and tail number it was invisible. New variant - stealth C172. Looking at the texture.cfg file it seems that the default texture folder is referenced in the other variants, perhaps a layering problem somewhere?

Work around - I copied "texture.5" back as "texture" but left the aircraft.cfg pointing to .5. I traversed the variants from blue/white to white, all showed up OK, then reversed the sequence - all textures now show regardless of selection of the white (formerly red/gold).

Charlie

Last edited: