• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

LWM polys in G2K4

Country
us-southcarolina
VTP polys in G2K4

I downloaded Ground2K4 (version 5.3.02) and am having a hard time understanding it. No real tutorial included, and the readme leaves something to be desired :tapedshut .

All I really want to do with this is to create the LWM polygons that are used around an airport to exclude the autogen.

Do I need to create a bmp of the area first? After that, then what?

Is there an easy to undersand tutorial on how to do this? I've seen Luis' tutorial for Ground2K, but does it still apply to 2K4?

Sorry to sound like such a noobie, but every time I get out of my comfort area, I get nervous :mischievo

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Todd,

I would advice you to have a look at the tutorial of Luis indeed. I think he released an updated version for Ground2k4 not that long ago. But also the old version for Ground2k should help you understand the interface.

I assume you mean VTP polygon where you wrote LWM (these are the polygons used in the default scenery as well, while LWM is water in general :)).

I think you indeed need a background image first, but a real Ground2k4 user can probably tell you better. I prefer SBuilder as I like the interface more and you can also use it without a background image (easier for small project, just use the connection with FS and slew around).

Country
us-southcarolina
Oops, yes, I meant VTP....see what I mean about getting outside my comfort area?

Country
us-southcarolina
SUCCESS!!!!! I took Arno's advise and purchased the registered version of SBuilder and found it so much easier to use to create the VTP polys.

One question, though, I noticed in the setup that FSUIPC is required so that the coordinates in FS will flow through to SBuilder, but this does not seem to be working for me. Does the FSUIPC need to be registered?

Last edited:
Country
us-southcarolina
Thanks Jeff,
Very quick response indeed - good customer service on his part.

BTW - I just had to turn the 'show aircraft' on under the "View" menu.
Feeling silly now.... like my wife tries to tell me all the time "read the directions!" :duck: :rolleyes:

Last edited: