• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Make static aircraft file smaller in FSX?

I just started using SAMM to create some static aircraft for my latest airport scenery project in FSX. I started with the Piper Archer AI aircraft (PA28_180). This one worked great and the file size was small. I then tried the C172, and after converting it to a static object found that the file size just for it was over 6mb. The file size for the Archer was only about 250k. Also the door next to the left seat was open, even though this option was left unchecked in SAMM. Is there a way I can do something to make the file size smaller for this airplane? Thanks!

gadgets

Resource contributor
Also the door next to the left seat was open, even though this option was left unchecked in SAMM
As noted in the manual, not all aircraft will convert without issues. SAMM assumes standard development methodology for aircraft. When developer deviates from standard methodology, "all bets are off". That's why I included a listing capability and toolkit. It allows you to correct some of those issues (but you'll need some understanding of Flightsim aircraft design to use it.)

Is there a way I can do something to make the file size smaller for this airplane?
Choose another model. SAMM adjusts the original model to make it more processing efficient. But, the original model code is otherwise left intact. The C172 .mdl size is over 6mb, so you should expect the static model to be the same.

Don