MakeMDL refuses to export animation

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I have never seen that kind of crash before, but unfortunately MakeMDL also does not say why it crashes. Did you try to export before you added the animation or with a smaller one? Might be some limit is now hit somehow.

Hi,

without animation it is exported just fine... I 've also exported other scenes with animation, but something is goinf wrong with that... probably some kind od limitation was approached, I shall try to export with less polygons, or less frames, or I shall make it over!..:eek:
I shall be back with any news...

thanks!

Hi there,

I was trying and trying all this rainning afternoon to find where the problem exists; and I think that I 've come to a conclusion.
So... when we "Collapse", under "Trajectories", we should give a "Samples" value quite the some as the "End Time", thus for an animation of 1024 frames, which has "End Time" 1023, I gave 1023... then it exports!!! Probably, the problem was the much differend curvation our object has to follow, with smaller "Samples" values as 10 or 100, than the path-line we had... I hope it will work for you too... and don't forget to create a box, with a Material-Opacity of "0", which covers all your animation-area, otherwise you object will be dissapeared under some angles...
Now, I have to tweak ASM file for a loooonger animation than 1024 frames... we shall see:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi again,

I 've tried to tweak ASM file, according to Arnos' post, but bglc_9 was not giving any compilation result... could somebody have a look on my files, please?..

thanks

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The error you get is:

Code:
c:\Users\arno\Desktop>bglc_9 Air_Balloon.asm
Microsoft (R) Flight Simulator BGL Compiler Version 8.00
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981-2002.  All rights reserved.

Assembling: Air_Balloon.azm
Air_Balloon_0.asm(2463) : error A2006: undefined symbol : bgl_animation_command_end_Air_Balloon_2
 BGL_SCENEGRAPH_ENTRY(4): Macro Called From
  Air_Balloon_0.asm(2463): Include File
Air_Balloon_0.asm(2463) : error A2006: undefined symbol : bgl_animation_command_start_Air_Balloon_2
 BGL_SCENEGRAPH_ENTRY(5): Macro Called From
Air_Balloon_0.asm(2463) : error A2006: undefined symbol : bgl_animation_command_end_Air_Balloon_2
 ERRS16(1): Macro Called From
  BGL_SCENEGRAPH_ENTRY(9): Macro Called From
BGLC: Error!
It looks like there was a third animation in the source code before, but you removed it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
This is the third request for help on tweaking the ASM beyond 1024 frames I get in two weeks now. I will try to make a new article about it very soon, but I don't have the time now to tweak the ASM files for you.

Hi Arno,

that will be very kind of you!... I think we are all waiting for a tutorial you had mentioned some time ago!!!..

thanks again for your help