• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Manage the regions

Country
italy
I would like the new tool could manage the regions.
I live in Italy, and the region connected with it is Europe Med West. The landclass textures for this region are too arid and brown. Perhaps in center of Spain (or in Sicily) they may be good, but not in north and central Italy. A possible solution would be to use Europe French for North and Central Italy, Europe Germanic for Alps and Europe Med West for Sicily and Sardinia.
Do you think with the new tool you are designing will it be possible to modify the regions?

Regards

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am not sure - maybe Arno would be able to answer that....

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The definitions of the regions is part of the mesh scenery, so that is certainly something that would be nice for the future. But I think it is more something for phase 2 of the tool, as we first want to concentrate on airport design and object placement.

Country
italy
Jon, Arno,

thanks for your answers. I'll wait the phase two of the project to adjust the regions for Italy.
In the italian forums there are many complains on how is represented Italy in FSX, and i would like to improve in some way the default scenery.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi aliditalia.
It seems Cloud9 discovered the way to modify the file regions.bgl:
http://www.fscloud9.com/php/products.php?lang=EN&id=166
Despite this new payware product, I'm very curious to know how it is possible to create or modify the landclass regions, we could realize better sceneries!
Regards.

The new FSX resample from the SDK allows you to to create region BGLs. You cannot create new region types, but you can alter the typearea covered.

Dick

Country
italy
Dick,

i've searched on SDK and on the forums, and tried expreriments, but no success.
May you give me un example?

My best wishes