• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender Materials don't show in MSFS when exporting from Blender

Country
switzerland
Hello everyone,

I try to export my aircraft model with Blender 2.83 (Blender MSFS Toolkit) and load it in the sim. I made some materials in Blender, but when i try to load the exported gltf file with them, i can't load it in the sim. When i export the model without any materials, the blank model shows up correctly.
I also tried to export the materials without textures (only Base Color etc.) and that worked too. But as soon as i export with my textures, the aircraft won't load.
I eventually managed to load the aircraft when i deleted every other node than the textures (like Brightness/Contrast etc.) but the loaded model was completely blank.

I don't use the MSFS Parameters except for glass, but i tried it with them and it didn't work anyway.

I really hope anyone can help me, i have no idea what else i should try.

Country
germany
Do you have the export settings correctly:
1618752236843.png

Country
canada
you say you only used glass. All the other materials need to be set as standard. Don't use the params in the blender material part. Only use the msfs material Params

Country
switzerland
@karlo922 when i build the project, my model doesn't even build, so that i have no "simobjects" folder in the packages folder, unless i don't export the materials.

@ronh i also tried it with the msfs material parameters but that didn't work either.

by the way, is it normal that some of the textures look very pink after exporting?
original, after export:

screenshot_16.png

Country
canada
There are almost an infinite number of ways to setup materials, so don't know what your problem could be. The compiler changes png, tif jpeg file to dds. Have you read the SDK on PBR materials? Do you have an albedo material, an occlusion,roughness,metal material and normal material.

UV maps setup correctly.

Country
germany
You are writing about simobjects. Do you really need it to be a simobject? (So do you have actual code in the xml)
If yes - simobjects need a specific file structure configuration, different to normal modellib objects. And you need more config files.
If no - just create a modellib instead of simobjects.

It would be good if we would actually know what you are doing and expecting. Then we can help much better.

Country
switzerland
Since it's an aircraft i think simobjects is the only option, isn't it? To be more specific, i modelled an aircraft in blender and made materials (principled bsdf) with diffuse, roughness and normal maps. Yes, i also tried to do it with the MSFS material params, but that didn't work either. When i build the aircraft with the exported .gltf (+ .bin) + textures, not only do the textures not show, i can't even load the model (Load in Editor Button is grey and Aircraft doesn't show up).

And the textures already get pink after exporting, not after building.