Maximum number of aprons

Hi all,

I have been working on an update version of KATL for several months now. One of the things I am doing is outlining all of the taxiways and runways with asphalt just like the rw airport. However, I have just had the apron number hit 250 and it turned amber. So, A; is there a maximum limit of aprons an airport can have? And B; do custom ground polys count as aprons? I'd hate to lose the outline as that was a lot of work and it looks so good, but if there's a limit then there's not much I can do about it.

Thanks in advance
atl snip.JPG

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
There are a number of old threads on this issue. At the time the FS9 and FSX compilers did have a limit (254). It seems that there is a single byte counter somewhere. I can't say whether this particular limit has been removed in more recent compilers. It is a very long time since I looked at this. I will take another look. Meantime the only way to confirm the limit still exists is to get past the 254. If you add a few more small aprons somewhere to take you past the limit then you may find out. I can't recall if ADE stops the compile at that number but I will check.

Custom ground polys do not count as aprons.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - the compiler limit is still apparent in the v4 compiler. I added more aprons than the limit to a test airport and got this

1592722310487.png

ADE is just warning you in advance that you are heading for a compiler limit that will cause the compile to fail

Also the v5 compiler

1592722542508.png

Last edited:
Try deleting a few of the aprons and try to draw all at once at large apron in the mid terminals area. It will be less count. that's why too many drawings. The number of drawings that is a waste each together aprons in one large area does not make sense.

Stuart