• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS May 11th Hotfix has added a splash screen. Yay!

Country
australia
Finally there is a screen that pops up as soon as you start MSFS instead of waiting 20 seconds for there to be some indication of activity. I mean, it still takes 20 seconds for the old screens to pop up but at least I don't have to sit there wondering if I have actually clicked on the icon or not.

Plus, they put an ad in for hiring beta testers?

splash.jpg

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Well, being optimistic ... it seems that ASOBO begin to look seriously on the SDK and its documentation so it's a good thing ;)

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
If you are interested, Asobo has very good benefits and pay, and they will generously help with housing.

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
If you are interested, Asobo has very good benefits and pay, and they will generously help with housing.
I know that well, and they are constantly recruiting. however, being away from home all week is not compatible with my family life. And imagine that 4 hours of driving a day is simply not a life.:)

Ronald

Resource contributor
How about adding some true corporate benefits? Getting your on-the-job free and mandatory 👩‍✈️PPL 👨‍✈️for all (current an future) xxxxx_testers and other dev_staff_members) ???

Country
australia
It seems if you use the fspackagetool to compile a package outside of the sim it will display the splash screen and then you get a nice "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x8007042b)" message after the packagetool has finished.

Country
italy
It seems if you use the fspackagetool to compile a package outside of the sim it will display the splash screen and then you get a nice "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x8007042b)" message after the packagetool has finished.
Exactly, looks like they are working on It (devsupport)

However,beside the error in the Xbox game Launcher slash screen, the fspackagetool compiles fine
Just annoying

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
This phenomenon was already present during the Beta test of the SU9. It is simply the wrapper that calls the compiler program in MSFS/DEV Mod and that must not be referenced in the computation loop so when it exits the compiler, it cannot return correctly. In these conditions, it considers that it was a launch of MSFS which could not succeed.

I hope they are working on it because it looks bad especially on a 2 years old software!