• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Maybe useful and interesting info for you...

Country
hungary
A little something for you to read, y'all 😄

My problem was:
Given two engines with two, three-position (off - aux tank - main tank) fuel levers. The animation of the levers worked, the debugger window visibly changed the appropriate values, but wherever I turned the levers, only the main tanks was using fuel, and the engine would not stop even when the fuel levers was turned off.
I looked at the solutions of as many similar airplanes as I could find and they were similar in nature, unfortunately most of them use their own code (I don't see the point of that btw...these are a simple mechanical levers), but where asobo template was used it worked fine - ok, only in two positions: off - main tank, but I would have been satisfied with such a solution in the end. :)
I poked around the forums, googled the net, poked around the SDK for days and weeks, and I just couldn't understand why what works for others doesn't work for me, even though it's the same method bit by bit. I've checked the animations, the object names, the cfg's for them thousands of times, and of course I've spent hours in the developer menu. And nothing.

Then today, totally by accident, I noticed something...
What is marked in the developer menu as 'Num Tanks' - and what I thought was the number of fuel tanks, so I obviously set it to 4 (2 pieces left, and 2 pieces right) - turns out that it doesn't mean the number of tanks, it means the number of fuel switches/selectors!!! Because when I opened the flight_model.cfg (this was also a total coincidence, because logically, what would a fuel data be looking for, when there is engines.cfg and systems.cfg and so on...), I was surprised to see that where I wrote 4 as fuel tank number, it is here in this cfg as 'number_of_tank_selectors'... 😮 omg this is now ... what???
Summa-summarum: I rewrote the number to 2, as I have how many fuel selectors in total, I did a 'Build all', and reload, and bang...the levers came to life! Every tank is using from they need to, and the engines stop when they need to...!!!!
And all this was caused by a single line of a certain number!!! And don't get a nervous breakdown with a fit of laughter! A month and a half...

Nah, that's all I wanted...just to show you how simple the developer life is...
Thanks for reading 😄

1659447373579.png