• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MCX doesn't show an object completely

Country
saudiarabia
Do you mean I have to do this in MCX?
and could you please explain from where exactly I can find these options.

Md Alavi

Resource contributor
Country
bangladesh
Do you mean I have to do this in MCX?
and could you please explain from where exactly I can find these options.
No In Sketchup Select the inverted faces and right click. Then click on "Reverse Faces."

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
This is a blend file originally, not SketchUp. Since this is the case, flipping in Sketchup will not help, unless he has the paid version of SketchUp. The OP needs to make sure all polygons are faced outwardly and that double faced is turned off in Blender (if that is the problem).

The OP needs to export from blender using the toolset or export it to something else, such as FBX or OBJ and try that.

Last edited:
Country
saudiarabia
This is a blend file originally, not SketchUp. Since this is the case, flipping in Sketchup will not help, unless he has the paid version of SketchUp. The OP needs to make sure all polygons are faced outwardly and that double faced is turned off in Blender (if that is the problem).

The OP needs to export from blender using the toolset or export it to something else, such as FBX or OBJ and try that.
Hi Pyscen

I tried to export my objects in FBX, but it still the same issue with DAE.

If you mean 2FSXP3D toolset, it doesn't work with me

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
It works because I have seen it on your computer. You need to learn how to set up materials in Blender. Also setting up UV layouts to create the textures for them.

Country
saudiarabia
Ok. I will try will this tool. Furthermore, I will wait if there is any solution for my problem with MCX because it is a great program.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Attached the blend file, so I and others can see what is happening. We need to see the original form of the file, not the dae file.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Gary,

Those other threads you refer to are very different issues with reading COLLADA files, so they are not related to this bug.

MCX uses exactly the same code to read a DAE file from a KMZ archive as it does for a standalone DAE file. So any differences in how a model looks when importing DAE or KMZ is related to differences in how SketchUp saves to these two formats.

The only thing that might help is an option in the Assimp reader to force all materials to become double sided. But I am not sure if that is really a good idea.

Thanks for that clarification, Arno. :)

GaryGB

Country
us-illinois
This is a blend file originally, not SketchUp. Since this is the case, flipping in Sketchup will not help, unless he has the paid version of SketchUp.
The OP needs to make sure all polygons are faced outwardly and that double faced is turned off in Blender (if that is the problem).

Hi Doug:

AFAIK, there is no functionality for all the paid versions of Sketchup through at least year 2020, which is not possible to implement via use of (free) plugin Ruby scripts. :idea:

I agree that at this time, the OP would likely encounter less complications by using ex: *.OBJ 3D exchange file format for I/O with MCX.

*.FBX format was 'promising' last time I looked at its criteria, but end user reports suggest some features not yet implemented may yield limitations. :alert:

Since the OP was already engaged in a 'Blender learning curve', I agree he may now wish to avail himself of learning resources / help with Blender. ;)

PS: Not having had time to start my own 'Blender learning curve', IIUC, there is a way to pre-map White and Light Blue/Gray Material colors onto all Faces before other Materials / Colors are applied, so that visual cues for Front / Reverse sides of Faces are "visible" in Blender ...as is seen in Sketchup. :scratchch

IIUC, Base Color is already White, with a darker Color on the Reverse of a 2-sided Face.

BTW: Here is an incidental discussion on how to see through an outer Face of a composite object (ex: window pane ?) ...to see objects inside:

GaryGB

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
It appears that when you have colored the parts you changed what is considered to be the exterior and interior of the polygons... I'm unable to correct the "front" and "back" of the polygons. Also, something within the model is corrupted which is making it impossible to export to an FBX model. I tested it against one of my own models which exported to FBX without problems. The way in which you created this model - it's not a single object but 7 different objects (such as, roof, windows, doors, pillars, and light fixtures are all being separate objects.)

Also, I suggest you look at the following tutorial: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...ies-for-creating-scenery-with-blender.447046/

Country
saudiarabia
It appears that when you have colored the parts you changed what is considered to be the exterior and interior of the polygons... I'm unable to correct the "front" and "back" of the polygons. Also, something within the model is corrupted which is making it impossible to export to an FBX model. I tested it against one of my own models which exported to FBX without problems. The way in which you created this model - it's not a single object but 7 different objects (such as, roof, windows, doors, pillars, and light fixtures are all being separate objects.)

Also, I suggest you look at the following tutorial: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...ies-for-creating-scenery-with-blender.447046/
Thank you sir for this tutorial, I will watch it. I like seeing tutorials like this one.

Appreciated
Borair

Country
saudiarabia
Hello everyone

I have found my mistake which is that I didn't recalculate the normals faces to outward😅.

Mr. Womack told me to check it, and now it works very good.

Also, his tutorial is very very good.

Special thank for Arno, Doug, Gary and of course Bill Womack.