• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MCX no longer opening sketchup files om my PC

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Ok, thank you Arno for your reactivity ;)

I have found and fixed the bug in the FSC reader now. There was some leftover code from debugging that gave this error combined with the change I made last week. In the next release it will work correct again.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
And the previous build is still working correctly? The only other thing I can think of is that some C++ runtime that the external library uses changed, did you change something there? But if the previous build still works that should not be the case either.

Did you redownload MCX already to make sure there is no issue with a corrupt file or so?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Yes its in both folders like you said x86 & x64
I downloaded your file and processed in MCX without a problem, though the loading was delayed as the file was so big., The problem is on your computer, not MCX.

Country
vietnam

Alro

can you make your own post please, Im trying to get my issue fixed & your problem is nothing to do with mine.
Thanks

All the versions i have of MCX result in the same issue.

Country
vietnam
I downloaded your file and processed in MCX without a problem, though the loading was delayed as the file was so big., The problem is on your computer, not MCX.
Yup i understand that as no version of MCX works for me with these files but what is my problem ??? Im stumped.

Country
vietnam
Arno. Its file names,

If i use any special characters it wont open,
so for me i was using _V3.1 as thats my version number but if i save as V31 it opens ???

Im not sure if this is a bug but maybe just for me as rhumbaflappy said he opened it ?? who knows

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Yep, it opens as EDHI_V3.1.kmz for me... just drag'n'drop on an MCX shortcut icon on my desktop.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It makes no sense to me that the filename can cause this. The error indicates that the library could not be found or loaded, I don't see how the filename can influence that. Have an extra dot of some numbers in the name should not matter normally.

And just as Dick said, the file with the version number in the name loads on my machine as well.

Country
vietnam
Dont know what to say but that fixed it for me, I saved from sketchup into a new folder (on my desktop). 1 file was named edhi_V3.1, that wouldnt open, i did the same again but called it edhiv31 and it worked