MCX Won't Open Library Object (.bgl) File

Good evening folks,

I am hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out the problem I'm having.

I created a bunch of models in Sketchup, exported to .dae, then imported and converted them (successfully) in MCX.

I then used Library Creator XML to create a .bgl library object file of all the .mdl files, so I can placed them in P3dv4.
The problem I'm having is, I cannot open the .bgl file in MCX; when I click on import, then select the file and hit open, literally nothing happens.

I thought maybe there was a problem with the .bgl file I made, but I don't think there is; for instance, I added it as a library object file in ADE, made a test airport, and I could see and place the objects from the library into the airport with no problems.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong, or why MCX won't open the .bgl file?

Thank you!

tgibson

Resource contributor
If these are very complex objects, sit back and wait a while (a long while) - some objects take a loooong time to load.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Loading a library BGL should normally be relatively quick and in the event log you should see some progress messages.

Like Tom asked, how big is the BGL file? If it is more than 20 MB or so, loading might take a while.

Thank you both for your quick replies!
I'm not sure what was wrong, but I tried re-compiling the library in Library Creator XML, then re-opening it in MCX, and it is now working just fine.

Thank you