P3D v4 MDL scale issue after exporting

Got no error while exporting, all parts are visible and done correctly. Only scale of model after export is not right.

Checked comma´s on contact points section in aircraft.cfg.

Issue has nothing to do with merging parts.

Tried it with true and false "removing scale" in options.

Using Dev 1.4.0.0 0869ccf7 of 20.10.2018

Any ideas?

Thomas

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I don't know yet where the scaling comes from. Maybe somewhere during import it got scales, let me check in the code.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello TiAr....

How was the aircraft created (such as, Blender, 3ds Max, or GMax)? Depending on what was used,... might help discovering what is happening.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Just a very ignorant question: isn't the 'problem' your different view settings? What I observe from the first image, is the strong perspective. The second image is more orthagonal, so to say. Look at the starboard wingtip: roughly the same size in both images.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
If I look at the fuel station in the back the plane looks smaller.

What kind of modifications did you make in MCX? I can't see some automatic scaling in the code based on the aircraft.cfg or so.

The scale of model is nearly 1/3 smaller. The source is a really huge MDLXMDLH.

To get all parts of model exported, I only disabled

if I don't do this some parts are missing after export.

Thomas

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
One third sounds like a meter vs feet issue somewhere. But I have never heard of that before.

I don´t know. I import the original mdl. No changes from my side. Original model works great in P3DV4.3.

I forgot - in select vehicle menue in P3DV4.3 the MCX exported mdl is clearly in the background...

XtoMDL is 3DSM2018_x64\plugins\xtomdl.exe of newest P3D4 SDK, is there a better one? Tried out fsx but with the same results...

Thomas

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Can I download the model somewhere so that I can test it here?

Arno, its a very nice payware - you only can buy it - I have no permission yet to publish or share the model of DA62. And more investigation of the source model may violate rights I gathered.

My intension was to see, how MCX works with big sources and merging 3rd party models or parts. This was new for me. And the merging process is quite strong in MCX, I like it very much and had never problems to it.
Anyway, I have to thank you, Arno and all with your efforts.

Thomas